Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

is it realistic to think these kits will be available before the 27th may? i want one for my jollies in spain

It's what used to piss me off with Nike, we never got to wear our new shirts on holiday, which is one of the few times(other than going to games and playing football) I used to wear it.

As a paddy I can confirm that green is a hard colour to get right on a shirt. We've had some dreadful shirts over the decades. Not so much pukey as just drearily drearily dull. Can't help but be intrigued with what's coming though :)

If memory serves though, both kits are going to be announced at the same time, so it should hopefully be a bit before June 16th that we know what they will look like. Even earlier if we get a leak, so if we're lucky we might get a glimpse of them in a few weeks time.

No, they'll both be available soon.

Unlike Nike, Macron are treating us as their #1 priority in the UK.

If the green is like that last mock up (good work again mate) I wouldn't mind at all.

It reminds me of guitars from the 80s and thats a good thing... for me.

Is that why Leeds have gotten their kits before us?

Having looked at the original press release for the announcement, it looks like we've got another month to wait yet:

The new home kit will be launched in mid-June at Villa Park and will go on sale immediately. A full range of apparel and accessories will be available from early July, distribution of which will be managed by the Club's merchandising department. The away kit will also be available in July.

...apart from City who have Umbro. That contract was signed before things kicked off though and its widely regarded they'll change soon. The only contract Umbro want is England.

Where is it widely regarded that City will change soon? Who do you think they'll change to? Reckon adidas or Nike or one of the others?

And how do you know the only contract Umbro want is England?

Maybe slightly OT but our friends NIKE have signed a deal to supply Citys Kits today ..... Until 2019 I believe

Still buzzin off Macron though ...

Maybe slightly OT but our friends NIKE have signed a deal to supply Citys Kits today ..... Until 2019 I believe

Now our resident Umbro man may tell me different, but don't NIKE own Umbro? Surely that's just some switching around they are doing there....

why aren't we wearing the kits for the last couple of games of the season like other clubs do?

We can't do that otherwise it would be a case of:

'Nice new kit, same old shit'.

Lazio are moving to Macron from next season as well.

I can see Macron growing in prestige over the next few years the more they work out deals with big clubs. Right now they are seen as a producer for the lower league clubs, but they now have the likes of Napoli, Lazio and Villa on their books.. It's a nice start.

Manchester City Football Club and NIKE Inc. today announced a new partnership that will see the sponsorship of the Club move from Umbro to the Nike brand from the start of the 2013/14 season.

The Umbro sponsorship, which has been in place since June 2009, will continue to the end of the 2012/13 season, after which all kit, training wear and related products will be designed, manufactured and distributed by Nike. The contract will run until 2019.

“We’re excited by the opportunity to further develop the relationship between City and Nike Inc, which builds on the successful partnership the club has already enjoyed with Umbro, and reflects both the ambitions of the club and the Nike brand’s position within the world of football”, commented Nike Brand President, Charlie Denson.

John MacBeath, Interim Chief Executive Officer of Manchester City Football Club added "We are delighted to have further strengthened our relationship with the Nike family.

"Nike's deserved reputation as the leading global sports brand, its unparalleled R&D capacity, leading global retail distribution networks and award winning marketing capabilities mean that this is a very important step forward in the evolution of Manchester City.”

Man City and Nike announce new partnership

Remember when we were sponsored by Nike :cry:

Manchester City Football Club and NIKE Inc. today announced a new partnership that will see the sponsorship of the Club move from Umbro to the Nike brand from the start of the 2013/14 season.

The Umbro sponsorship, which has been in place since June 2009, will continue to the end of the 2012/13 season, after which all kit, training wear and related products will be designed, manufactured and distributed by Nike. The contract will run until 2019.

“We’re excited by the opportunity to further develop the relationship between City and Nike Inc, which builds on the successful partnership the club has already enjoyed with Umbro, and reflects both the ambitions of the club and the Nike brand’s position within the world of football”, commented Nike Brand President, Charlie Denson.

John MacBeath, Interim Chief Executive Officer of Manchester City Football Club added "We are delighted to have further strengthened our relationship with the Nike family.

"Nike's deserved reputation as the leading global sports brand, its unparalleled R&D capacity, leading global retail distribution networks and award winning marketing capabilities mean that this is a very important step forward in the evolution of Manchester City.”

Nike don't associate with losers. Macron on the other hand are happy to.

blah blah blah blah

Yes. They gave us a good kit when they thought we might break the Champions League. Then they treated us like the embarrassing dancing Uncle at the wedding.

No, sorry, the 15 year old that's told they're an adult and therefore they can drink responsibly, only to sing a rainbow all over the place.

No, sorry, the person that barges through the doors to object during the vows and ruins the whole wedding.

No, sorry, Satan.

Still can't believe we got crappy Macron. The Sheff UTD and Leeds kits are terrible.
Give them a chance. Not saying it'll work out, but we're like a cup final to Macron. They might surprise us.

Â