Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I don't comprehend all this alarm for the possibility to change the kit manufacturer.

I don't like any of these Nike shirts, that never reproduce the proper shade of claret, the famous Aston Villa claret.

Compared with the classic, beautiful, sober Umbro kits of the 70's te Nike kits look really crap.

38294.jpg

Even the Third Division kit was amazing.

And the 1992-93, with its retro style and the famous lacets.

villa-99927.jpg

Umbro, the one and only, as far as I am concerned.

I don't like those remake retro shirts I'd rather source an original one!

I have to say one of my favourite shirts that I own is my Home 2008/09 with Laursen & 5 on it. The shirt where he scored against Ajax during his last season.

I don't comprehend all this alarm for the possibility to change the kit manufacturer.

I don't like any of these Nike shirts, that never reproduce the proper shade of claret, the famous Aston Villa claret.

Compared with the classic, beautiful, sober Umbro kits of the 70's te Nike kits look really crap.

38294.jpg

Even the Third Division kit was amazing.

And the 1992-93, with its retro style and the famous lacets.

villa-99927.jpg

Umbro, the one and only, as far as I am concerned.

Yep, for me it's Umbro and then everyone else. They make simple, clean styled kits. The Forest kit this year is a prime example of Umbro class.

Nike let us down in terms of the release date -more than once too. We always seemed to get news of our kit far later than most other sides, regardless of who their manufacturer was.

And last seasons kit was a mess.

But -against that- they have produced a few home kits that will probably be remembered as classics in years to come. The 2007/08 and the 08/09 Acorns effort in particular. Even this seasons kit is pretty nice and professional looking.

Macron produce the kind of cheap kits that used to clog up that weird Sportswear shop just up from Harry Parkes. Spall, Matchwinner and other classy efforts.

Yes Nike did let us down a few times and it's not on. I would still rather wait an extra month or two for a shirt that looked good rather than one that looks cheap.

I am a football shirt collector though so whoever makes our shirts I will buy them. If it is Macron I will just wait until they are reduced though.

Napoli have nice shirts. Honestly, as long as it brings in the biggest amount of revenue, I'd happily take Macron. I've hated most our Nike kits outside the original white away and the blue/black shirt.

4858972696_7b52723db0.jpg

Hmm that's tough. Probably right, then middle, then left

Really?

I think I would go right, left then middle. Is it because of the hair? The one on the left looks reet horny.

I was in the Nike executive box for the Arsenal game and spoke to a couple of guys about our kit. There response was that "Villa don't sell enough shirts to justify their investment in designing a custom kit" He went on to say that there was a teamwear deal on the table from Nike. This is a deal similar to the like of Doncaster and Peterborough where we would be supplied with a basic kit template in our colours. Stoke and WBA have a similar deal with Adidas.

He also said that Nike weren't overly bothered about applying us in the first place and that they were "bullied into it by the American owner who wanted an American company to supply the kit"

He went on to say that Macron were pretty much nailed on to be our kit supplier next season

I was in the Nike executive box for the Arsenal game and spoke to a couple of guys about our kit. There response was that "Villa don't sell enough shirts to justify their investment in designing a custom kit" He went on to say that there was a teamwear deal on the table from Nike. This is a deal similar to the like of Doncaster and Peterborough where we would be supplied with a basic kit template in our colours. Stoke and WBA have a similar deal with Adidas.

He also said that Nike weren't overly bothered about applying us in the first place and that they were "bullied into it by the American owner who wanted an American company to supply the kit"

He went on to say that Macron were pretty much nailed on to be our kit supplier next season

Sorry, that bit in bold is absolute shite. Nike bullied by Randy Lerner? NIKE?

**** off.

Bullied by Randy, please!

Macron kits look like Sunday League kits.

But we're a dull, midtable team these days so what else do we expect?

I'd stay with Nike ideally. We get treated badly but the kits are, on the whole, lovely.

Just seen on H&V a list of questions the board answered for fans a few weeks ago. One of them is a question as to why both GK shirts aren't available to buy in stores. The response was from the head of merchandising John Greenford. He said it was due to Nike cutting out supply this season but is an issue he address with Nike and said he has spoke to Nike and has been told it won't happen next season.

Weird seeing as he is head of merchandising

It won't happen next season if we're with Macron to be fair.

If we're going to go for basic templates, can we go with Adidas instead please? They're so much nicer. Although, would the claret body and blue sleeves count as a basic template? All the basic Adidas ones I see are just one colour with a white line across the chest, like some of the teams in the F.A Cup were sporting this weekend.

Please not Macron though, that West Ham kit was dreadful and after looking at the link that was provided on this thread, the kits I saw for the other teams were rubbish too. I thought Italians were supposed to be stylish?

Â