Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Rumors spreading on other forums that Marcon is taking over from Nike.

I BLOODY HOPE NOT!!!!

That's the talk within the industry so I'm 99% it's true.

Bugger. I know Umbro is owned by Nike but surely you can have a word :winkold:

Sadly Villa aren't a hot property any more. A huge amount of work has to go into a team if you're to give them top treatment and Villa don't warrant it. A smaller company like Macron may be more inclined to do it.

Yeah but New York Cosmos aren't even a team :P I kid, of course, I understand that we aren't a strong brand.

I seem to remember the Diadora kits being made very poorly, let's hope Macron put a bit more care into our kit than their Italian counterparts.

Sunday League standard by the looks of it.

I know it's not a huge issue, but it's just another poor shows by the board if true...

There are some quality companies out there that we should be trying to associating ourselves with.

I really want the board to be successful, but they just seem to make cock up after cock up...

Adidas, Puma, Umbro, re sign with Nike. Any would be a better option that Macron, even someone like LeCoq or Kappa would be prefered in my opinion.

I don't understand, the board want increased revenues, but they make choices that seem to imply the opposite...

Another disppointment if true...

I don't really care , with Nike the kits have been hit and miss but IMO the dry fit material is horrible and uncomfortable, the training kit has been very nice but is now far too expensive

if it's macron then it's macron as long as I don't have to pay £35 for a nice training top and £45 for a half decent shirt then I don't mind

Sunday League standard by the looks of it.

I know it's not a huge issue, but it's just another poor shows by the board if true...

There are some quality companies out there that we should be trying to associating ourselves with.

I really want the board to be successful, but they just seem to make cock up after cock up...

Adidas, Puma, Umbro, re sign with Nike. Any would be a better option that Macron, even someone like LeCoq or Kappa would be prefered in my opinion.

I don't understand, the board want increased revenues, but they make choices that seem to imply the opposite...

Another disppointment if true...

This deal could be worth more, though, if Macron are offering more or there's no interest from the other brands.

The Napoli kits are terrible. I had a feeling we would get a crap kit maker. Adidas Umbro Nike Puma any of them above macron.

You say you don't care as long a we get the biggest revenue on the club but if the kits are poor (which they will be either look or quality or both) then I for one won't buy one and I can guess I wouldn't be alone there thus making the club less money in sales and further more the training gear. Last season the blue N90 jacket was every where when it came out.

Macron is a bad choice.

Macron get an unfair rep imo, has everyone forgotten the hummel horror shows we had before nike took over?

The west ham, charlton and napoli kits are all decent kits, miles ahead of some of ours under hummel and even the diadora one's.

Not as doom and gloom as everyone makes out. Wait and see first.

click

Not bad? Really? Terrible shirts.

Just looked on Adidas and Stoke and West Brom don't appear to be on their website. Either way we ain't world beaters so big brands won't push us if they have Arsenal, Man United, Real Madrid or Benfica on their books but still would be nice to keep a class kit maker.

but still would be nice to keep a class kit maker.

Would just like to say that my disdain for Macron aside, I've no problem with us dumping Nike (and neither did everyone else) after the kit release debacle a few years back.

Macron kits are shit. FACT!

Hope to god its not true.

Are they shit because of what?

Crap design? Poor quality? Horrible logo? Rubbish teams wear the kit? Low level brand recognition?

If you took a Macron shirt and applied say a Nike swoosh or the triple bands of Adidas would it become suddenly good?

Crap design? Poor quality? Horrible logo? Rubbish teams wear the kit? Low level brand recognition?

If you took a Macron shirt and applied say a Nike swoosh or the triple bands of Adidas would it become suddenly good?

well put. lot of people with the big i am villa deserve a bigger brand shirt. load of bollocks. it all comes down to money. if nike offer us £1million and macron offer £1.1million i hardly think RL will be in the board room saying "well macron are offering us more, will have the kits on the shelves in july and will give us our own dedicated design, but nike will give us a little swoosh sign on the left tit, ill go with nike"

well put. lot of people with the big i am villa deserve a bigger brand shirt. load of bollocks. it all comes down to money. if nike offer us £1million and macron offer £1.1million i hardly think RL will be in the board room saying "well macron are offering us more, will have the kits on the shelves in july and will give us our own dedicated design, but nike will give us a little swoosh sign on the left tit, ill go with nike"

There's more to it than that, though.

Personally I don't give a toss about designer labels, but lots of people do. Being associated with one big brand makes you more likely to attract another big brand, and makes you seem more "big time" in the eyes of the shallow world media, and the new markets in the far east, etc.

Big clubs get sponsored by big companies, small teams by Joe's Cafe down the road.

We are not heading in the right direction.

Napoli are my second team and if you disregard the big **** off ugly sponsor on the front the shirt itself is very nice (especially the away) and the material and cut are pretty good too. But don't let silly things like facts get in the way of a good 'ole moan.

Â