Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Would anyone seriously not buy a kit if it had one brand instead of another, even if it was the same design

Nike is somewhat exclusive whilst Macron is incredibly shit. It is easy as that, brand recognition. Have you ever

seen a car from afar and kept you eyes on it, before realizing it was not a Porsche but a Hyundai?

Another thing, this template thingy is kind of strange to me. The kits never look like the templates in real life anyway, and

all producers would look the same on a template.

agree. and the same with these mock ups, they don't look too awful but that's because they're a well executed CG image, no indication of what it would really look like. you can't see the actual shape of the shirt because it's on a template an you can't see the quality of the material and the way it hangs. on paper some of our recent hummel kits don't look terrible but in real life they're shit because the material and printing was absolutely awful. for me at least, and i'm absolutely right, nike drifit is the best for how it looks, feels and works. although how many actually play in their football kits?

Only from what I've read apologies if it comes across as a confirmed ITK.

Off Topic but basically AS I UNDERSTAND:

- Man City signed a 10 year deal with Umbro back in 2009 - when Mark Hughes was manager.

- Since then things have taken off and City want their kits to be on par with:

- Liverpool 25M per season (Warrior sports next season)

- Utd 20M per season / Nike

- They are looking at increasing/breaking the contract to get the best deal.

Rumours were that Umbro were willing to pay £200 million to continue the contract. (Conspiracys say the conveniently covers Citys Financial Fair play debts, and Umbro are a Manc company so would like to keep City.... The report I read in the FT states that Umbro would make no money off this).

Just my thoughts ...

And how do you know the only contract Umbro want is England?

I remember when the England deal was up in 2008 (another 10 year deal), Umbro were struggling to beat off Nike, but simply had to get the contract as its a massive money spinner, whether we qualified for the national competitions or as in that year.... did not.

Basically this is all what I have read over the years... not gospel and prob all B/S. My main point from the origianl post is that I dont want Macron.

From the last SCG

11. Why is there not a replica goalkeeper shirt this season? The store has said that Nike have decided not to produce one but this does not seem to be the case with Arsenal and Manchester Utd.

I have spoken with Nike at great length regarding the issue of goalkeepers kit I was advised that they would only produce the men’s home goalkeepers shirt this season. This was due to the reduction in the product range they would offer to Aston Villa for season 11/12. I have asked them to review for next season.

John Greenfield

Head of Merchandising

Eithier a slip of the tongue or we are keeping Nike

I live in London. I work in the west end and got out of work early today so went for a little wonder. Soccer scene have all our gear on show. Nike town too. After I went to sports direct to see a West Ham kit to see the possible quality if the rumours are true. Erm a massive sports shop in London dont sell west ham tops. Not just that but there wee no Marcon kits at all. Not even Napoli. But not to have west ham was a joke. I aske the bloke and he said they don't sell hammer kits!!!

I live in London. I work in the west end and got out of work early today so went for a little wonder. Soccer scene have all our gear on show. Nike town too. After I went to sports direct to see a West Ham kit to see the possible quality if the rumours are true. Erm a massive sports shop in London dont sell west ham tops. Not just that but there wee no Marcon kits at all. Not even Napoli. But not to have west ham was a joke. I aske the bloke and he said they don't sell hammer kits!!!

i have a feeling it will be like that throughout the world, hardley anywhere to get a top, no matter how good or bad it has been made.

there is no market awareness for this brand and no one recognises it as a proper brand or associates it with anything or anyone of any success what so ever.

nike on the other hand, people think...

ronaldo

michael jordan

tiger woods ( was a good brand at one stage )

roger federer

nadal

football teams including

brazil, france, portugal, holland

club teams such as

barca

man utd

arsenal

paris st g

inter milan

juve

porto

athletico madrid

werder bremen

psv

boca juniors

some of the largest clubs in various leagues throughout the world

that is quite some list of success attached to them

lets look at macron

napoli

bologna

monaco

there really is no point listing anyone else unless you want championship standard or alot lower

which world sports stars endorse macron though? maybe there are some superstars we didnt know about who endorse macron?

hmmm cant see anyone

on their website they hint that they are involved at a high level in other sports.

ah i though, it lists basket ball, maybe they sponsor the major teams in the NBL?

nope not one

rugby, rugby has some no traditional sports brands who do quite well so maybe they sponsor the best in rugby?

nope

baseball? they list baseball so they must have some shit hot teams they are associated with?

ah, no they dont, unless you class baseball in

italy, spain holland or france as being the best of the best?

we then have volleyball and hand ball

maybe there is sand castle building?

but of course, it is not important that we completely disapear from the high street, our products can only be bought from the villa shop and all signs of our great club are hidden away as there is no distribution network , no shops willing to cheapen their own shops with a lesser brand.

not even under doug did we stoop this low.

if it were a one off thing but we had a good manager and were high up the league it wouldnt concern most of us as much, it would be innovative and a gamble and no doubt because a youngish or not know about company wanted to smash into the football shirt industry and attach itself to a successful young team.

unfortunately we are not successful ( i think most of us would consider staying up almost a success which is how far we have fallen)

there can only be one result from changing from nike to macron, randy looking to sell and this offer was the first one to come up, because even someone as stupidly inept as faulkner would see that it will create a huge deficit in our merchendise, our brand, our whole club.

it is almost as i have suggested several times already, randy watched trading places and decided on how to make a good club into the laughing stock shittest ran club in the shortest space of time.

at least having such a dramatic fall from popularity would then have some sort of explaination no matter how ridiculous.

maybe they are trying to use it for the reason to sell bent?

" well the fans wouldnt buy the merchendise so we had to sell our best players and its all the fans fault" a ginger twunt was heard to say

Reebok 95/96 Home was my favourite kit of recent history - lovely material and print. They then fooked up with the next kit that looked like a migrain headache occurring all over it.

Our Umbro 'lace up' retro kit of 1992/93 was also a super job. I thought we looked really unique (better than Uniteds and Ipswich's kit of the same season) and real classy in that kit. Even Frank McAvennie.

Our worst kits in recent times have been Asics 1993/94 and 94/95 - abosolute dross - my Villa badge fell off after two washes and on low temperatures.

I'll give Macron a chance, but I would prefer (for what I believe is the club's sake) to see Nike continue - even after the farce of the delays...

I don't subscribe to whoever the '33 year old' was that said it was childish for grown men to be seen wearing football tops. Snob... :-p Amateur!!! lol I am 37 and wear my shirt with pride.

I don't put player names and numbers on the back - but I put my own name and number on instead. The shirt is MINE.

it lists basket ball, maybe they sponsor the major teams in the NBL?

nope not one

baseball? they list baseball so they must have some shit hot teams they are associated with?

Whilst I see your point, it's worth noting that in the NBA and MLB the league negotiates a deal for one company to provide every team with its uniforms and all other fan apparel. The NBA deal is currently with Adidas and I think the MLB deal is with Majestic.

I don't think Macron has any representation in US sports.

nope not one

Whilst I see your point, it's worth noting that in the NBA and MLB the league negotiates a deal for one company to provide every team with its uniforms and all other fan apparel. The NBA deal is currently with Adidas and I think the MLB deal is with Majestic.

on their web site you would think they would be rolling out all the selling points and all the successful teams and sports stars they are associated with

there isnt any

they are clearly a budget company, the teams who are under them support this.

nope not one

on their web site you would think they would be rolling out all the selling points and all the successful teams and sports stars they are associated with

there isnt any

they are clearly a budget company, the teams who are under them support this.

I've come to the conclusion that this Macron rumour has to be a wind up. Villa should not be selling themselves short and going bargain basement - and I don't believe they will.

Reebok 95/96 Home was my favourite kit of recent history - lovely material and print. They then fooked up with the next kit that looked like a migrain headache occurring all over it.

Our Umbro 'lace up' retro kit of 1992/93 was also a super job. I thought we looked really unique (better than Uniteds and Ipswich's kit of the same season) and real classy in that kit. Even Frank McAvennie.

Our worst kits in recent times have been Asics 1993/94 and 94/95 - abosolute dross - my Villa badge fell off after two washes and on low temperatures.

I'll give Macron a chance, but I would prefer (for what I believe is the club's sake) to see Nike continue - even after the farce of the delays...

I don't subscribe to whoever the '33 year old' was that said it was childish for grown men to be seen wearing football tops. Snob... :-p Amateur!!! lol I am 37 and wear my shirt with pride.

I don't put player names and numbers on the back - but I put my own name and number on instead. The shirt is MINE.

said 33 year old was myself........... i didnt say I was right, I just said in my opinion it is childish for grown men to wear footy replica tops in everyday life........... if that makes me a snob, then so be it......

Â