Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I couldn't care less who sponsors us or manufactures the kits to be honest. The most important thing is that we go with the highest bidder. Getting more money into the club is more important than having a shit looking top in my eyes...

Basically this^^.

I think it's more to do with the ongoing decline than the actual stigma attached to the brand.

Spurs have signed with an unknown in UnderArmour, which has been seen as a fantastic deal for a brand new to the (UK football) market, as well as a chance to spearhead this brand as a new challenger to the PL title. UA are bringing some real tech to the table. So a positive for all...

Macron for us, will be a disappointment for most BECAUSE they are a relatively unknown brand in the PL. This won't be seen as a chance to spearhead the brand in the PL, it will seen as being pushed out of the mainstream...mainly because of the consistent disappointments coming from VP.

Hoestly, I've warmed to the kits that the pretty girls and Brian May are modelling, simple, stylish shirts...BUT, wih the consistent poor decisions the board are making, do you really trust them not to design (or to select the design of) an awful kit? At least with Nike you were guaranteed some good gear, even when the board choose a kit like last seasons 'effort'...

Again, I'd kill for Adidas, I'd love to see what they'd come up with.

The bloke next to him asks "Hey, what's up with you?". He replies, "I want to celebrate, I really do. It's just...*sigh*...I wish we didn't have Macron on our shirts"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spot on mate!

The way some people go on about kit makers is insane. Who gives a flying toss ?

I think it's more to do with the ongoing decline than the actual stigma attached to the brand.

Spurs have signed with an unknown in UnderArmour, which has been seen as a fantastic deal for a brand new to the (UK football) market, as well as a chance to spearhead this brand as a new challenger to the PL title. UA are bringing some real tech to the table. So a positive for all...

Macron for us, will be a disappointment for most BECAUSE they are a relatively unknown brand in the PL. This won't be seen as a chance to spearhead the brand in the PL, it will seen as being pushed out of the mainstream...mainly because of the consistent disappointments coming from VP.

Hoestly, I've warmed to the kits that the pretty girls and Brian May are modelling, simple, stylish shirts...BUT, wih the consistent poor decisions the board are making, do you really trust them not to design (or to select the design of) an awful kit? At least with Nike you were guaranteed some good gear, even when the board choose a kit like last seasons 'effort'...

Im not clear what the difference is between UA and Macron, except that you (and others) appear to feel that UA is "cooler" and that a change of kit manufactuer is an opportunity to again have a go at the board.

Do I trust the board to choose a kit design - yes. We've had some pretty shocking kits under DD's regieme as well. My favourite being the Muller balck,green, red away kit. Its so ugly, you just have to love it.

How do you know Macron won't supply "good gear" again, your prejudice based on a name and logo has blinded you.

Would you drive a VW? Would you drive a Skoda? I'd drive both, there is no difference, just a different badge with a better historical reputation.......

Spurs have signed with an unknown in UnderArmour, which has been seen as a fantastic deal for a brand new to the (UK football) market .

Macron for us, will be a disappointment for most BECAUSE they are a relatively unknown brand in the PL.

So, UnderArmour are new to the PL and Macron are new to the PL. These two points make no sense.

This has already been covered. They wouldn't "come up" with anything, it would be Liverpool's kit in claret and blue.

This has already been covered. They wouldn't "come up" with anything, it would be Liverpool's kit in claret and blue.

And then Randy would insist on some stupid design feature; claret and blue checks anyone? A badge where the rampant lion disappears...

Sigh...

Ok, I'll explain what I have said...

If you read what I have written, instead of what you want to read, I have actually said that the UA and Macron deal would essentially be exactly the same, but because of the 2 different situations the clubs find themselves in, the fans (and the media to an extent) will see the 2 deals in 2 different ways...1 as a positive, the other as a negative. Isolating quotes and not including full sentences can imply different messages to what is actually meant...for example

'You're a tool, but who isn't?'

can quite easily be quoted as

'You're a tool'

So you see, I can distort quotes to...

Off your high horses Gentleman, nobody rides a horse anymore...

Sigh...

Ok, I'll explain what I have said...

If you read what I have written, instead of what you want to read, I have actually said that the UA and Macron deal would essentially be exactly the same, but because of the 2 different situations the clubs find themselves in, the fans (and the media to an extent) will see the 2 deals in 2 different ways...1 as a positive, the other as a negative. Isolating quotes and not including full sentences can imply different messages to what is actually meant...for example

'You're a tool, but who isn't?'

can quite easily be quoted as

'You're a tool'

So you see, I can distort quotes to...

Off your high horses Gentleman, nobody rides a horse anymore...

I quoted you in full I'll think you'll find.

What you appear to be doing however, is applying your own personal opinion and applying it to everyone. If we became Macron's biggest customer in the UK, surely they would move heaven and earth to keep us happy, and pay us a healthy wedge for the privilidge?

How is this a bad thing?

Again, read what I have said...

I'm actually saying that, as with Spurs, signing with a new 'upcoming' brand IS a big deal, speaheading, exclusivity, special treatment. It should be seen as a good thing...

Our current situation however will mean it probably won't be as people will see it as being 'pushed out of the mainstream' rather than, pocketing a fortune to spearhead a brand...my personal opinion is not included anywhere...

Signing a young defender from Shamrock Rovers, should be seen as a good thing, but a lot of people have said 'is this as good as we can do?' Whereas, signing loads of average players was seen as a good thing under MON as we were on the up...

So surely you can see what I'm saying...I've actually warmed to the idea (except funny symbols on shoulders) so your arguing against the wrong person...

Again, read what I have said...

I'm actually saying that, as with Spurs, signing with a new 'upcoming' brand IS a big deal, speaheading, exclusivity, special treatment. It should be seen as a good thing...

Our current situation however will mean it probably won't be as people will see it as being 'pushed out of the mainstream' rather than, pocketing a fortune to spearhead a brand...my personal opinion is not included anywhere...

Signing a young defender from Shamrock Rovers, should be seen as a good thing, but a lot of people have said 'is this as good as we can do?' Whereas, signing loads of average players was seen as a good thing under MON as we were on the up...

So surely you can see what I'm saying...I've actually warmed to the idea (except funny symbols on shoulders) so your arguing against the wrong person...

Don't worry mate.I got what you meant in your original post.

Adidas Kits are beautiful, no doubt about that, but they tend to suit the mono-coloured teams and I can't really see any of their designs working particularly well for us.

I always thought that as well,but some of the mock ups done on previous new kit threads looked good.

Macron have a big factory unit in walsall...passed it the other day....dunno if this is a tenuous link, to make a midlands footy club's kit......nah, probably not :confused:

Macron have a big factory unit in walsall...passed it the other day....dunno if this is a tenuous link, to make a midlands footy club's kit......nah, probably not :confused:

Ah. Well if you remember at the time of the new shirt sponsor unveiling, it was said to have been a company with local connections - the Genting ting at Star City. They could try a similar line again.

8 pages of whining about Macron and it's not even official yet. To those suggesting Kappa, well, they're about the same as Macron right now in terms of sponsored teams.

Thinking simply, we should NEVER have the same kit manufacturer as West Ham or Burnley - surely the temptation of Macron in that case would be just to change the club badge and sponsor detail... Where is our individuality then?

**** off with the black socks too - they look so disjointed. Claret/Blue shirt, white shorts and claret/blue socks - period.

Â