Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I wonder if I can shrink my tops to make them smaller to fit me? Do I just tumble dry it repeatedly?

^^^^^^^^

Anyone know if this is possible?!

If not, I doubt I'll buy a macron top because they're too big for my slight, yet muscly, frame... :winkold:

I wonder if I can shrink my tops to make them smaller to fit me? Do I just tumble dry it repeatedly?

^^^^^^^^

Anyone know if this is possible?!

If not, I doubt I'll buy a macron top because they're too big for my slight, yet muscly, frame... :winkold:

I spoke to my Sister in Law (Living in a family of boys and Mum is away!) and she said she didn't think it would be possible because of the material of the shirt D:!

So to clarify is the consensus that the shirt is a size too big and is this with both home and away?

Normally I would have a medium Villa shirt 38/40 but I see that is now a Small?!?!

I was thinking of the away with El Ahmadi 8.

Macron logos on the shoulders are already peeling and lifting off, quality lol

Could you take it back?

Nah, I'm in Perth Australia, I'll email a photo to them as if it has happened with this shirt it might not be a 1 off.

1st time I need the General to whinge at hahaha.

Macron logos on the shoulders are already peeling and lifting off, quality lol

Could you take it back?

Yeah. I sent mine back and they sent me a fresh one. Don't know how long it will be before this new one starts to have the stickers peeling off. Might just have to accept it I guess. It's a shame, as I actually thought they worked well on the shirt.

So to clarify is the consensus that the shirt is a size too big and is this with both home and away?

Normally I would have a medium Villa shirt 38/40 but I see that is now a Small?!?!

I was thinking of the away with El Ahmadi 8.

They are a bit big, and annoyingly macron think if yu have any kind of manly width then you must be 9 ft tall.

I have really broad shoulders but im only 6ft, so the xl shirt is like a dress in length.

• 2 months later...

Ive had the new shirt since September and the macron logos have started to peel off. As i've had it for a while are they likely to exchange it or am i stuck with it?

I managed to send my first one back and get an exchange a couple of months ago because the labels were peeling off but it's happening again on the new one so clearly it's a design problem. Hopefully they'll fix this for next season.

You need to just accept it and be happy and enjoy the shirt wether its in good condition being worn every day or sitting ripped and broken at the bottom of your draw.

Gone are the days where you can splash out on fancy big name kit manufacturers, it can't continue and It's time for a new approach.

So your shirt is falling apart and looking awful, it's got to be better than last years shirt, even if you can't see any evidence of that. Trust me it's just better. I know its falling apart and not really doing a good job of being a football shirt but it looks better at times so be happy.

Also you have to accept that now we have a new manufacturer it's going to take time for the shirt to improve, don"t worry though. In the january sales instead of paying for to be fixed, pick up a cheap needle and thread and that should hold the logo on till at least the summer and by then you might have a bit more cash to invest in a new shirt.

The most important thing is, no matter what state the shirt is, make sure you tell anyone who questions the quality of it that it's the greatest shirt ever made.

• Like 3

On the subject of the degeneration of shirts like these may I make a suggestion based on a few years of fabric and detergent development.

Shirts with this type of transfer should be washed inside out to stop rubbing wear. Even better if you can place it in a zip up washing bag. Low temperatures should be used with plenty of detergent and if BO is an issue use a conditioner. Try not to put in a fast spin, rather put on a hanger to dry. An obvious one is NEVER IRON. "Hi tec" sports shirts generally have high fabric development costs but cheap manufacturing processes.

I promise to get out more.

• Like 1

Â