Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I don't know if I'll be getting any of the Macron tops. Not because I don't like them, because I do, but because I'm thin and the small adult top is super baggy on me.

I don't fancy going to the villa in a nighty, but I also don't fancy buying a kids one.

I wouldn't say I'm small either. I'm 5'9 (I'm guessing), but I'm just thin.

Well I'm 5'10-5'11 and thin and the small fits me perfectly. I'd get that if I were you.

I have no boobs though!

I have the white, away acorns top in a kids size. It fits nicely but has a noticeably smaller badge.

I may bite my tongue and, in disguise, have a look at a ladies top :lol:

If you see a guy in a villa store with a top hat and a pair of comedy glasses with a fake nose attached..... It's not Me :!:

I don't know if I'll be getting any of the Macron tops. Not because I don't like them, because I do, but because I'm thin and the small adult top is super baggy on me.

I don't fancy going to the villa in a nighty, but I also don't fancy buying a kids one.

Well I'm 5'10-5'11 and thin and the small fits me perfectly. I'd get that if I were you.

I tried my mate's on and it was quite baggy, hmm, I might try one on in the shop and see what I think then.

I tried my mate's on and it was quite baggy, hmm, I might try one on in the shop and see what I think then.

We could go halfs on mine if you like. I don't mean you have it one week, me the other, I mean both of us climbing in it and keeping warm on the winter night games.

Yeah but who cares if you look cool!!!

Thing is though, what happens if you put the shirt on, and the tag sticks out, revealing to all and sundry that the shirt is for ladies. If you're at a match everyone on the rows behind you would notice, and then one of them would add an extra line to My Lord, ie. 'Ladies Shirt My Lord, LADIES SHIRT', etc. at the Everton away game, and then everyone else would join in, and then they'd laugh and the guys IN FRONT will start looking round to see what all the fuss is about, and THEN the guys to your side will explain and EVERYONE will laugh except for me, I found the whole thing terribly embarrassing, I TRIED to explain it was a simple mistake, shirts got mixed up...but no.

I will never live that one down

it's a fair point! i guess it depends if you care what others think? I can't remember where the label is but you would have to be very unlucky for it to poke out over a collar? i am sure they are just on the inside nowadays?

If the worst comes just think of the atmosphere you would generate!!!!

Thing is though, what happens if you put the shirt on, and the tag sticks out, revealing to all and sundry that the shirt is for ladies. If you're at a match everyone on the rows behind you would notice, and then one of them would add an extra line to My Lord, ie. 'Ladies Shirt My Lord, LADIES SHIRT', etc. at the Everton away game, and then everyone else would join in, and then they'd laugh and the guys IN FRONT will start looking round to see what all the fuss is about, and THEN the guys to your side will explain and EVERYONE will laugh except for me, I found the whole thing terribly embarrassing, I TRIED to explain it was a simple mistake, shirts got mixed up...but no.

If you got away with "Ladies shirt my lord" you would have to consider yourself very lucky indeed.

Now maybe this seems a bit obvious - but why don't you just cut the label out?

Macron are the pits. The home kit was bad enough but the training gear takes the biscuit. Absolute tat, and then they've got the nerve to print 'MACRON' in massive font on the back of the shirts. Unbelievable bad taste. Easily the worst kit supplier we've ever had, and I'm old enough to remember Henson.

I agree

Maybe they'll add to / improve the range pre Xmas ?

How long is the macron deal for ??

The external difference (if you look closely enough) between men's and women's shirts is that the tag on the right hand side that says something like "official team wear" is missing from the ladies shirts. On that subject, the ladies ones are apparently crap compared to Nike's as they're not fitted and have no proper "shape" to them, according to my gf.

Which kit do you like the best?

New-Macron-Aston-Villa-Kit-2013.jpg

Or the away goalkeeper one -

http://www.astonvilladirect.com/stores/astonvilla/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=116586&cmp=

You know there's nearly 200 pages before this one of people more or less discussing the question you've just asked ;)

Yeah but that was then this now :)

I'm seeing where we're at now. Don't live in the past, pastliver :D

have to say that green one is really really ugly. i thought it was ok at first but the more i see it the more i hate it. think this will probably be one of the worst selling away kits in history

i think the polo shirts are really good though. might get one of them

have to say that green one is really really ugly. i thought it was ok at first but the more i see it the more i hate it. think this will probably be one of the worst selling away kits in history

i think the polo shirts are really good though. might get one of them

The polo shirts are more like pyjamas close up, both look and feel wise

They also have ASTON VILLA 1874 printed vertically down the left sleeve making it a bit of a M&S sportswear feel

Â