Result against Newcastle

BOF

What will the result against Newcastle be ?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result against Newcastle be ?

• A Villa win - 7pts from 9 baby yeah !!
    • A draw - The unbeaten army roll on
    • A loss - Squad deficiencies will be exposed

Aston Villa v Newcastle

(1400 BST)

Match preview

Prediction: 2-1

The force is with Villa and a lot of that is down to the Martin O'Neill factor - he has already improved the players' work rate and general performances.

Newcastle still seem like a work in progress, and they seem a bit disjointed. I felt they were fortunate to beat Wigan.

LINK

Aston Villa v Newcastle

(1400 BST)

Match preview

Prediction: 2-1

The force is with Villa and a lot of that is down to the Martin O'Neill factor - he has already improved the players' work rate and general performances.

Newcastle still seem like a work in progress, and they seem a bit disjointed. I felt they were fortunate to beat Wigan.

LINK

Laaaaaaaaaaaarwooooooooooooo!

Yeah but we have Mon now, expect a lot more good press than we had in the last few years, it seems like we're suddenly a fashionable club again especially with the takeover happening.

Unfortunately i can see a 0-0 myself.

1-1 draw I reckon.

Their midfield is superbt (Solano-Parker-Emre- Duff) and could well piss all over ours or we always struggle against 4-5-1 teams at VP and they could play that with clown ameobi up-front on his own.

There defence is very poor however so I'd be disappointed if we didn't manage a goal against them.

Depends what happens for both clubs between now and the game. I will reserve judgement for the time being but think as things stand a draw but with them playing tonight there is the potential for a few injuries and hopefully they won't be able to sign Martins in time.

I say strong defense (I'm a Yank, I'm allowed! ;) )will yield a clean sheet for Villa, but we'll steal a goal somewhere in there...

1-0 to the Villa in a style that will not silence the moaning about the boring football.

Anyone watching them tonight? I *think* they're playing some kind of 3-4-3 with HUGE gaps behind the midfield, unfortunately the Latvian opposition don't have the quality to take advantage. They do look good going forward though, which is to be expected concidering the talent they have.

If they play the same formation/style Vs us it could be a goal-fest.......

My head says loss (3 years of O'Leary to thank for that), because we always seem to be humbled by a team like Newcastle even when we are on the ascendancy....

....but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Just signed Martins and with an awesome midfield makes this a harder game than some people think.

Emre,Parker,Duff,Milner,Zogbia,Martins

Don't think we will win, well it will be a very tough game.

I've a feeling Newcastle could nick this one. We've done well so far but also had quite a bit of luck on our side.

I would have hoped for at least one new signing by now. O'Neill is a top manager but there's no doubt our squad is still lacking quality at the moment. Reading would have had a result with 11 men.

Reading would have had a result with 11 men.

Really? I think you're wrong.

Bar the first ten minutes when they came at us like a bullet we dominated them right up to the equaliser. I think had they stayed at 11 it would have made it a lot easier for us to break them down, instead they stuck 10 behind the ball and made it very difficult for us to find any gaps.

We should beat those **** Barcodes,

Watched them tonight and they were **** awful, they played four wingers with Milner and Luque as the 'out and out' strikers.

With the crowd behind the team and newcastle having no end product, we'll get another 3 points.

All your comments have pissed me off no end, have any of you watched them lately?

we can all swoon over they're 'wondeferful' midfield but **** me, they were garbage tonight, N'Zogbia-Parker-Emre-Duff but they with having Milner and Luque up front they had no one in the middle.

Luque and Milner would pick the ball up and head for the bi-line, they ended up looking for someone in the middle only to realise there wasn't any **** in there cause they were supposed to be there.

It was hopeless stuff. with our 'average' midfield we'll beat them or at least should beat them.

Glenn Roeder i hope will get them relegated,

I hope he knows that Martins couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo in italy, he's basically another winger.

Â