Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I remember when McLeish's Birmingham side had no chance of winning the League Cup.

I remember when McLeish's Birmingham side had an excellent chance of being relegated, and they were, happy days.

I hate that he's fielding the strongest possible side.. Makes a loss even more embarrassing at least if we fielded youngsters we'd have an excuse. Not saying I expect us to lose far from it, I actually want a comfortable win but this is Villa after all. We can go from spanking Chelsea round Stamford Bridge to losing against Bristol Rovers with ease.

A loss might not be the worst thing in the world.

We're not good enough to win the FA cup anyway and it would be another nail in Mcleish's coffin.

We might need to take some short term pain just to get rid of him!

Dont kill me for having an ounce of positivity about the FA Cup, but I think we'll win this match.

If Utd can knock City out there really isnt anyone to fear. All it takes is a few top four draws (Maybe someone to knock Spurs out).

I totally appreciate we are shit and could lose to anyone but as we've seen against Chelsea and Arsenal, we can give them a game. Utd dont look at their best, and we could man-up against Liverpool.

Yes its hard to win, but you never know with open draw cups... Millwall got to a final ffs

UTV

Ireland must play in my opinion. It's a shame Lichaj only just came back into training, probably a week too soon for him this game, would've been perfect to ease him back in. Warnock should play to regain some confidence after his horror show the other day. Think Delph should play too after sittting out a few weeks.

-------------Guzan----------------

Hutton--Clark--Dunne--Warnock

Alby---Gardner---Delph---Nzog

-----------------Ireland----------

------------Bent------------------

Weimann on after 60 mins. Petrov and Gabby on the bench just in case.

No way will Enda start today. As Mantis said a few posts up, there will be a mighty revolt if we lose this. Not just against McLeish imo, but Lerner who is watching thousands of miles away on FOX Sport.

Thats the beauty of the FA Cup. Someone takes a scalp. Its sad that I wouldn't be surprised if it was us.

Ireland must play in my opinion. It's a shame Lichaj only just came back into training, probably a week too soon for him this game, would've been perfect to ease him back in. Warnock should play to regain some confidence after his horror show the other day. Think Delph should play too after sittting out a few weeks.

-------------Guzan----------------

Hutton--Clark--Dunne--Warnock

Alby---Gardner---Delph---Nzog

-----------------Ireland----------

------------Bent------------------

Weimann on after 60 mins. Petrov and Gabby on the bench just in case.

Agreed, like it