• N'Zogbia
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Hutton (for Cuéllar 55)
    • Albrighton (for Ireland 68)
    • Bannan (for Clark 85)

Well, that was appalling.

I'd like to blame it all on McLeish but how can you ?. Same sort of formation as against Chelsea, 451. But the players that performed so well then simply didn't turn up today. We looked lethergic, lacking in effort, skill and confidence. How is this possible on the back of such a great away win ?

Maybe the players really thought they just had to turn up and we'd take the points. Our so called 'best' players were all piss poor. None more so than Captain Marvel Petrov. Ireland was also back to his pointless best, trying things he didnt need to, and rarely pulling them off. Clark tried but couldn't get a grip of the game due to the lacklustre 'stars' alongside him.

Gabby faded so badly in the second half I thought he'd actually gone off!

Yet again, 99% of the balls to Bent were to him with his back to goal outside the box ... POINTLESS.

I felt a bit sorry for Warnock, he's had a pretty decent season thus far, but was torn apart today. Mind you, the rest of the defence weren't much better. Too many long balls

N'Zogbia showed small flashes of class, but was largely ineffective where it mattered.

All in all, that was **** diabolical. And if we can't take some momentum from a result like the one we had against Chelsea then god help us. Truly appalled by the team and manager today

RATINGS

Guzan 3

Warnock 2

Cuellar 3

Dunne 4

Collins 3

NZogbia 4

Agbonlahor 4

Clark 4

Petrov 2

Ireland 3

Bent 3

Albrighton 4

Hutton 3

It was evident from the first 20 minutes that Clark and Petrov were miles off the pace and yet it took about 85 minutes for one of them to be subbed. Mind-boggling incompetence. Gabby on the right and Ireland being hauled off were also joke decisions.

I've already banned myself from attending any home games in 2012, not sure how many more I can bring myself to even watch on the TV. McLeish out.

This was so bad it makes me wonder if something is going down at the club that we don't yet know about.

What summed it up for me, was albrighton battling to win the ball late on - gaining possesion - then just smashing the ball aimlesley into the box. Nobody had any composure all afternnon. ...and swansea missed a fair few other chances as well.

Bunch of bell cheeses.

How can such an inexperienced manager create such a fantastic passing side that looks so dangerous but our experienced manager creates that utter dross?

Does anyone else believe Alex tries to instill a pass-and-move attitude like the Swansea manager so obviously does? I bloody well don't, I think he wallows in a self-made atmosphere of mediocrity that doesn't focus for one second on playing incisive, clever football.

What today showed was that if you 'invest' in a style of football over a period of time (Martinez, then Rogers) then you have shape, guile and passing ability - proper football.

We've sold players, changed managers and we're all over the shop. It's not a huge surprise.

If there was a vision of Aston Villa from the top that was about football, the idea of Martinez being approached, then McLeish just doesn't make any sense.

Well i'm going to try and not go over the top on this, just as I thought that beating Chelsea didn't suddenly make us one of the best in the league, losing against Swansea doesn't make us certain for relegation.

However, creating only one shot on target all game is so poor as to be almost unbelievable... if it wasn't for the fact that this is becming almolst the norm.

McCleish was never right for this club and will never be right for this club.

This is not in anyway shape or form a criticism of young Clark (he is a player i rate highly) however 2-0 down at home, surely its time to go shit or bust.

The idea of taking off someone that can create (Ireland) and leaving a DM on the pitch (a role petrov could have slotted into) beggars belief. I've not been as harsh as some regarding Alex macs reign but today was shockingly negative.

Bunch of bell cheeses.

How can such an inexperienced manager create such a fantastic passing side that looks so dangerous but our experienced manager creates that utter dross?

Does anyone else believe Alex tries to instill a pass-and-move attitude like the Swansea manager so obviously does? I bloody well don't, I think he wallows in a self-made atmosphere of mediocrity that doesn't focus for one second on playing incisive, clever football.

Most Swans fans will tell you.... Roberto Martinez laid the foundations at Swansea..... tbf though, the current manager has taken it on ...

Shame Martinez shunned us

Well, that was appalling.

I'd like to blame it all on McLeish but how can you ?. Same sort of formation as against Chelsea, 451

it wasn't though was it....

he shoved gabby on to the wing after ran terry ragged up front...

which meant albrighton had to make way leaving us incredibly lopsided only playing one out and out winger....

against chelsea we played 442 with ireland in the hole...

Mcleish is massively to blame for today...

i cannot believe he watched his team beat chelsea and then changed it in such a huge way....

before the game fans were praising the starting line up

i wasn't...

our line up and formationclost us the game today with a bit of help from warnock

Â