Midweek football 2/4 January

andykeenan

Ba, Cabaye and Tiote cost a total of £8m I think.. Ba was a free, Tiote and Cabaye both combined cost around £8m, same we paid for Delph.. says it all.

people keep saying this but its nobody's fault we didnt sign them 3. Ba and Cabaye were signed when we didnt even have a manager

I'm not talking about them specifically, it's an example of money being spent wisely.

agree about pardew, got everything spot on tonight, the line up the formation the tactics, they played with such a tempo and the closing down was brilliant, its not often you see utd unable to cope with a team putting pressure on them when they have the ball, so many teams sit back

utd were dire, they need about 3 players at least, rio is finished

Phil Jones has potential but at teh moment he is an overrated liability

Of course when he makes a mistake he is suddenly a liability. I have seen performances from his this season to guarantee him being a major player in the future. And now? A very, very good player who would walk into our team easily - and a player who will make most England squads for the rest of his life. And he is 19 years old for god's sake! The liability is certainly Rio Ferdinand, because everyone expects everything from him and he has lost his legs.

Phil Jones has potential but at teh moment he is an overrated liability

Of course when he makes a mistake he is suddenly a liability. I have seen performances from his this season to guarantee him being a major player in the future. And now? A very, very good player who would walk into our team easily - and a player who will make most England squads for the rest of his life. And he is 19 years old for god's sake! The liability is certainly Rio Ferdinand, because everyone expects everything from him and he has lost his legs.

He was at fault for all three goals today and was very poor against Blackburn. I wouldn't be surprised if fergi takes him out of the firing line for a bit. He will be good but hes has been very poor recently.

Credit Newcastle for playing well yet again. Time to worry at Old Trafford, I think. Something's gone wrong there. I think they miss Paul Scholes more than they thought they would.

Too bad Toon loses Ba for a month. Must be infuriating for them. They lose Tiote, too. Could really hurt them the next few weeks.

Its funny with Newcastle with people saying well done to Pardew. I remember when he joined them last season and Mike Ashley giving him a massive contract, people were saying what a daft prick he was for doing that. At this time last year, Pardew would have been on a par with McLeish in terms of people's opinions. Its a funny world.

Credit Newcastle for playing well yet again. Time to worry at Old Trafford, I think. Something's gone wrong there. I think they miss Paul Scholes more than they thought they would.

Too bad Toon loses Ba for a month. Must be infuriating for them. They lose Tiote, too. Could really hurt them the next few weeks.

8)

Â