Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

we played more a 442 which i believe was key to our victory....

Can't agree there. And the lineup you put in your other post would get bossed in midfield. Ireland is not a CM for me in a 4-4-2. Has to play as part of a 3-man midfield, whether it be in a flat 3 or in the most advanced of a 3. Otherwise his abilities are held back.

i agree it might get bossed...which is why i said i'd drop ireland to the bench if we were playing better opposition...

my point was i want us to continue to play 2 up front whether thats bent with ireland just behind or not...

problem is i hate to see gabby on the wing just to accomodate ireland....

id rather ireland be on the bench whilst gabby partners bent and alby and zog run the wings

Worried about this.

Footballers are stupid, they'll still be buzzing about beating Chelsea and think they'll walk this.

We wont, it'll be a tricky bugger.

I fear that too. We should be well able to win this game, but the players must be fully focused and give their all. Otherwise Swansea will hurt us.

AVFCOfficial Aston Villa FC

Villa: Guzan, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock; Petrov, Clark, N’Zogbia, Ireland, Agbonlahor, Bent. #AVFC

Great team!

AVFCOfficial Aston Villa FC

Subs: Marshall, Hutton, Heskey, Bannan, Gardner, Weimann, Albrighton. #AVFC

No Heskey either.. :D

If we play like we did against the Arse and Chelski, we'll bag all three points by a couple of goals.

If we don't, then I'll predict a bore 1-1 draw, with Gabby scoring in the first half, and Dunne or Collins to equalise late in the second.