Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

we should win this one comfortably, Swansea play a lot like the Villa from 4 games ago away from home. It's only at the Liberty Stadium that they take the game to others. If we attack from the get-go, I think a 3-0 win wouldn't be out of the question.

Really need to be solid today and get 3 points. Just to give us a bit of breathing space over those below us.

Same lineup as against Chelsea but would swap Albrighton for Bent so we have more of a goal threat. Keeping Ireland fired up is the key as we have missed a number 10 type player since Merson.

Back to back wins would be nice.

if everyones fit same team as against chelsea:we seen them do it now they can play some good stuff so lets see um take on swansea with the same attitude!If petrovs out injured give gg a chance he wont dissapoint :winkold:

There is no way Heskey should start...!

Please no Hutton - how long is he banned for..!

Same team against Chelski..!

Hutton was available for Chelsea, his ban was only for one game (Stoke).

I think we should keep the same set-up but start with Bent, allowing Albrighton a rest on the bench and putting Gabby out wide

.................Guzan

Cuellar.Dunne.Collins.Warnock

............Petrov.Clark

N'Zogbia...Ireland...Gabby

...................Bent

This

If Petrov is out I'd play:

____________Guzan_____________

_Cueller_Collins__Dunne_Warnock_

____________Clark______________

__N'Zogbia___________Albrighton__

____________Ireland_____________

______Gabby________Bent________

why are people so intent on reverting back to 451 after our best performances coming once we finally switched to 442?

it doesn't matter if ireland, zogbia and gabby are behind Bent, it will just leave Bent chasing defenders like a numptey....

i understand the need to keep ireland in now he has a bit of confidence but bent and gabby up front is a must for me as is 2 wingers to supply them....

if it was a team better than swansea i would actually put ireland back on the bench but coz of swansea's shit away form i think we could get away with this today....

Guzan, cuellar,collins,dunne,warnock,albrighton,ireland,petrov,zogbia,bent,gabby

play 442 and bosh 2-0 victory

2 hours to go. Well, having had only one days break I think we need some changes. Petrov probably needs a rest and I wouldn't mind to put Collins out of nthe team and replace him with Cuellar and Hutton on the rb. And stupid as I am I'd give Gardner a chance from start. So my team:

Guzan

Hutton-Cuellar-Dunne-Warnock

Gardner-Clark

Ireland

Bannan-Bent-Gabby

I think the 3 man midfield gives Ireland more freedom so think we need to stick with that.

Push gabby out wide, drop albrighton and start bent.

Would love to see Gardner start for petrov if he isn't fit.

the best thing about that chelsea game was that ireland wasnt part of a 3 man midfield...

after watching the game is was clear to me how far forward ireland was, almost as a in the hole striker....

we played more a 442 which i believe was key to our victory....

when we have tried ireland in a 3 man midfield before he has struggled and been too far back to influence anything...

yesterday he was more of a suarez and a van der vaart....

if we keep him in the team he's gotta play closer to the main striker rather than the midfield otherwise we will be on a one way train to negative town

If Petrov is out, big GG needs to start, and captain the side too. His ReganAll and Hastega abilities will be a real asset to the team.

Taking my mother and little brother today, last game they went to was the Liverpool win last season, so here's hoping for continued good form under their attendance

Can't agree there. And the lineup you put in your other post would get bossed in midfield. Ireland is not a CM for me in a 4-4-2. Has to play as part of a 3-man midfield, whether it be in a flat 3 or in the most advanced of a 3. Otherwise his abilities are held back.

Can't agree there. And the lineup you put in your other post would get bossed in midfield. Ireland is not a CM for me in a 4-4-2. Has to play as part of a 3-man midfield, whether it be in a flat 3 or in the most advanced of a 3. Otherwise his abilities are held back.

Agreed.

I would like to see Ireland just off bent but with 2 midfield players behind him.

If Petrov is out, big GG needs to start, and captain the side too. His ReganAll and Hastega abilities will be a real asset to the team.

LOL! :lol:

Pelle's team sounds the best although I'm not convinced Ireland will start! 2 games in 3 days after about 5 games in 2 years. :|

Bannan should definitely start. Think we should get 3 points here. Swansea are overrated imo and are really rubbish away from home. We can pass it as good as them. They are a bit of myth/cliche.

Really important after other results this weekend not to lose this. Think it'll be close - going for a 0-0 draw.

Would be disappointed if albrighton was dropped.

I think he's the only one that dropping would be acceptable to get bent back in the starting 11