Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Trying hard not to get carried away after that fantastic performance. We need to continue the same work rate we've shown since the Liverpool defeat and keep carving out chances. If Ireland plays half as well as he did today then chances will come, I think we will have too much for Swansea going forward but they are a threat. I predict a close victory. I would play:

GK Guzan

RB Cuellar

CB Dunne

CB Collins

LB Warnock

RM Albrighton

CM Petrov ©

CM Ireland

LM N'Zogbia

CF Bent

CF Gabby

Subs: Marshall, Clark, Hutton, Gardner, Bannan, Delfouneso, Weimann.

:flag:

Same defence.

Petrov has to play. Ireland has to play. Gabby has to play. Bent has to play.

Then two places out of Albrighton/Zog/Clark ... would it be wise after Ireland performing well, scoring and creating a goal, to then limit his role? as well as Petrov who's scored goals this season.

Hmm I'd maybe play Clark and then N'Zogbia/Albrighton. Whoever did better today, which I didn't see.

I think we should keep the same set-up but start with Bent, allowing Albrighton a rest on the bench and putting Gabby out wide

.................Guzan

Cuellar.Dunne.Collins.Warnock

............Petrov.Clark

N'Zogbia...Ireland...Gabby

...................Bent

I think we should keep the same set-up but start with Bent, allowing Albrighton a rest on the bench and putting Gabby out wide

.................Guzan

............Petrov.Clark

...................Bent

Agree with that team. Difficult to choose between N'Zogbia and Albrighton though, both were pretty dire at Chelsea.

Always a potential banana skin.

We should have the impetus from yesterday to roll these over, but it might well be a tight affair. If, however, we do win and win convincingly, then I can quite easily see us having a decent little run fof victories. And although I would'nt expect a carbon copy of his display at Chelsea, I think Irelands name should be first on the sheet if only by merit.

We should definitely look at resting players here 2 matches in 3 days is ridiculous Gabby and Petrov especially must be knackered. Don't think Swansea have enough quality to rotate to the same effect as us. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bannan, Gardner, Bent all starting with Petrov maybe even Gabby on the bench.

For me villa really need to win this one, we did well against Chelsea, but this games at home, we must take the game to them so starting with 2 strikers is important.

I'd go with

GK Guzan

RB Cuellar

CB Dunne

CB Collins

LB Warnock

RM Nzogbia

CM Clark

CM Ireland

LM Bannan

CF Bent

CF Gabby

Subs: Marshall, Albrighton, Hutton, Gardner, Petrov, Delfouneso, Weimann.

Bring on gardner after an hour regardless of how were playing, Albrighton on in last 10 after a deserved rest. Petrov to stay on bench and rest after the chelsea game.

GK Guzan

RB Cuellar

CB Dunne

CB Collins

LB Warnock

RM Albrighton

CM Clark

CM Ireland

LM N'Zogbia

CF Bent

CF Gabby

Petrov needs a rest. He clearly has some type of strain so no need risking him against Swansea.

.................Guzan

............Petrov.Clark

...................Bent

Amen to that, brother!

.................Guzan

............Petrov.Clark

...................Bent

This one for me as well.

On the train down now, hoping we can carry on the momentum from the last three performances. If we score early I think we could smash Swansea four or five nil today,if its nil nil at HT the second half will be a nervy affair because they are not a bad side.(Hink /radner should come on after an hour if we are not losing.

Bent, Ireland and Gardner to score in a 3nil win.