• Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent (for N'Zogbia 78)
    • Gardner (for Albrighton 78)
    • Bannan (for Petrov 84)

There is nothing relating to the direction the ball is moving in, nor whether the player is behind the team-mate. If you are correct about the positions of the other players, then the answer to CI's question is "yes".

Except if you watch a replay he wasn't nearer to the opponents' goal line than the ball.

A player is in an offside position if:

he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

So yes, there's a rule about it and this rule says he was onside.

Anyway, great result and it made my NYE impossible to fail. Chuffed to bits. I turned against AML after the liverpool-game, but the last 3 games have made me think if I did that too soon. If we can keep this going this will be a much better season than we hoped for. Cross fingers and all that.

UTV!!!

The ball was nearer to the goal than the player (Bent) at the time it was passed. Offside rule is quite clear, surprised you seem unable to comprehend it.

MOTD was embarrasing, showing Mata's cross that was headed away but missing Albrighton's half volley and Gabby's header.

I'm not a fan but I have to give it to Mcleish that's 3 good performances on the trot. Though Chelsea were there for the taking and we played it beautifully.

There is nothing relating to the direction the ball is moving in, nor whether the player is behind the team-mate. If you are correct about the positions of the other players, then the answer to CI's question is "yes".

Im confused as to what you're disagreeing with? The rule clearly makes reference to the position of the ball in relation to the receiving player.

Fair play.

He's got it wrong many times this season - but he got it bang on correct today.

Give that man Ireland a cigar.

Absolutely. Result of the season for us and I hope they can keep it going now

More like this please

I have seen the game live on TV with one of our members that lives in my same region and has come to meet me in order to celebrate the end of a hard year for the Villa.

It's quite funny to relive the match through his facial expressions.

Errorichard Dunne again! How long will it take to us to get rid of this awful player that earns about 65.000 K a week? (sorry mate, his contract expires in 2013)

p1020024g.jpg

Stylian Petrov!

p1020025h.jpg

p1020026z.jpg

And then there were three.

p1020027n.jpg

Cheerio Chelskji. . .

p1020029.jpg

Â