• Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent (for N'Zogbia 78)
    • Gardner (for Albrighton 78)
    • Bannan (for Petrov 84)

Great result and McLeish got it right today (for a change).

Good performance from Ireland and Guzan did well once again. Hopefully this is the start of good things to come. Chuffed to see Gardner get on the pitch too, as he deserves a chance.

There is still lots of work to do though and McLeish still has a lot to prove. I never want to see Heskey and/or Hutton in the starting line-up again, unless we have an injury crisis.

I'm buzzing right now though and just want to enjoy this result. Fantastic end to the year and I hope you all have a great night. Happy New Year!

Where did the last 5 minutes come from??

I am not getting over excited here, Chelsea were there for the taking throughout and we didnt seem to want to go and beat them!

Then, McLeish was trying to take off Ireland after the second goal, thankfully, the crab was injured after finally running past the half way line and the substitution was changed meaning Ireland was on the pitch for number three.

Still not sure why Collins was playing at centre back instead of Cueller, but again, it shows that if we play to our strengths and attack, we can win games.

Good team selection by McLeish, good tactics, brave enough to drop Hutton and only give Bent a small slice of the action to help his fitness.

He has just done what he should have done for about 15 or 18 other games this season in terms of selection etc.. Not really rocket science. We have good players - not worldies but good - and he has just started to use them properly. Lets see if Heskey ends up back in CM against Swansea??

We were fortunate today that we came up against a manager that makes Eck look like a tactical genius. AVB is very poor.

We never deserved to concede a goal when we did, but i feared the worse in the second half as we defended too deeply and Ireland looked lethargic, then the subs and suddenly we came back.

Really pleased that Eck got everything right and Ireland played a blinder, thought Cuellar and Warnock had good games as well.

I just hope Hutton, Delph and Heskey don't get anywhere near the side now we look a thousand times better without them involved!

Been building up to a win like thar for a few games now, think theres finally a bit of positivity about the team and some understanding.

A decent system emerging with our wingers coming into a bit of form and the defense making less silly mistakes, it's starting to come together a bit. Our midfield has been a big concern for a while now but they've started putting in good performances which shoud put the pressure on the rest of the team to do the same hopefully.

Ireland will be the cliche new signing if he turns in performances like that every other week, just waiting on Zog to score now to kick start his season too.

Good to see Gardner get a run out as well, and finally a goal for Bent.

Top marks all round, shame it was marred slightly by that absolute **** cock wank ref who obviously hates us. I hope he is raped by a clown infront of his children. Him and Terry.

Good team selection by McLeish, good tactics, brave enough to drop Hutton and only give Bent a small slice of the action to help his fitness.

He has just done what he should have done for about 15 or 18 other games this season in terms of selection etc.. Not really rocket science. We have good players - not worldies but good - and he has just started to use them properly. Lets see if Heskey ends up back in CM against Swansea??

We were fortunate today that we came up against a manager that makes Eck look like a tactical genius. AVB is very poor.

Never heard of credit where it's due, it's always because of someone else when we do something well.

Cheer it up we've won away from home against one of the best sides in the league and it's the first time we've done it in under 10 years.

Humble pie people who thought Ireland would never come good?

Man of the match for sure. could have been more than 3 - 1 if Gabby tucked away his chances.

Never thought he had it in him.

Absolutely delighted

Humble pie please.... desperate dan size.

Â