• Clark
    • Cuéllar
    • N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 46)

Quite funny really. Given our recent history a point at the Britannia is bloody good result which had it been achieved under any other manager would have been lauded on this thread. But as its McLeish the thread is being turned into another let's have a go at McLeish thread.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a piss poor manager who should be replaced at the first sensible opportunity but lets try and have a little perspective.

I get the sense something has clicked within the camp, as if they now all know whats expected as a minimum
If something had clicked we would've won that easily. Stoke were poor today and unfortunately we didn't capitalise on that.

I get the sense something has clicked within the camp, as if they now all know whats expected as a minimum
If something had clicked we would've won that easily. Stoke were poor today and unfortunately we didn't capitalise on that.

we made them look poor

Quite funny really. Given our recent history a point at the Britannia is bloody good result which had it been achieved under any other manager would have been lauded on this thread. But as its McLeish the thread is being turned into another let's have a go at McLeish thread.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a piss poor manager who should be replaced at the first sensible opportunity but lets try and have a little perspective.

this...however as most didnt want him as manager to begin with there is no such thing as perspective. with MON he could do no wrong for some people, with mcleish he can do no right. dont rate him as manager but credit where credit's due was a good point tonight which we didnt play for...we had more possesion and chances

Great Point

Great Commitment from everyone tonight, I actually take lots of positives from this game

Did we really watched the same game? 2nd have must be really improvement. I just saw 1st, had to go to sleep :)

i missed the 1st half but was happy with what i saw 2nd half

We tamed Stoke and made them look crap (which they are not)

Good. In didn't like 1st half.

My worries, we don't play good football. With MON we played well, and had chances in every game. Well I had at least good feelings. Now I don't.

For me tonight was very much like a MON away game

Brilliantly organised, very hard working and dangerous on the counter attack

Whats not to like about tonight ??

The fact creativity was at a low and the fact our finishing leaves a lot to be desired. Agree tonight wasn't too bad but there is still a million miles to go for this team before we can attack properly without hoofing and being boring.

Typical Villa fans, moan how shit we are at defending especially set pieces.

Keep clean shit against a team notorious for their set pieces.

Still shit at set pieces apparently, what else do you want; to some how get minus goals?

We were decent against Arse and a little unlucky and again looked more solid today.

A clear discipline to limit the long balls also, encouraging.

Petrov is a key player for us.

Guzan was awesome today I thought, very commanding and Cuellar was very composed. All the reason why we shouldn't sell him. Cash in and get more money for Collins i say! Poor game from Albs tonight. The last 20 mins were crying out for a third man in midfield with a bit of creativity, i.e Bannan or Ireland. Think we could have got the 3 points.

It doesn't matter what Villa do some of you won't be happy until AM is gone. That's your choice of course but give credit where it's due. Everyone knew what to expect against Stoke but then they complain about a negative game. Then they complain that Stoke were poor; well many the Villa bous deserve some credit for that. The defense was much better today against a team most would score against us from set pieces. We try and get the ball down and pass it; still not good enough. The boys give their all still not good enough.

I've not been happy with this season but let's look at the positives in a pretty difficult game.

Someone needs to tell Marc that when you have gail blowing behind you, you don't float balls into the box you whip them in low and hard. You could see Gabby's frustration everytime he was doing it.

Good point at a very difficult place to go.

Bent possibly would have scored the chance Fonz had but it was a brilliant save from Tommy and Gabby has to take a lot of credit for getting such a good ball in from a tight position.

Thought Cuellar was MOTM, he should not lose his place when Hutton (inevitably) comes back in. Very solid.

Clark made a couple of mistakes but I will put that down t lack of matches, he looked very assured.

Heskey was better today but he should not play for us ever again when we have Weimann and Fnz on the bench.

It is a shame for Guzan that Given will walk straight back into the team because he has been a more than capable deputy.

Hopefully we can nick something against Chelsea because there have been encouraging signs in our last two games.

Â