Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

That's my 'without Gabby' team. There's goals in that team. Substitute Gabby for Bent you have a team who will struggle to score goals. Conclusion: Bent is a better striker than Gabby. If only one could play it would be Bent for me everyday of the week. Therefore I'd sooner drop Gabby over Bent.

I hope this helps.

Be as sarcastic as you like, but if you wouldn't keep coming out with ridiculous comments such as "Gabby is poor on his own" then I wouldn't have to keep correcting you.

I do hope Santa left you with a Villa season review video so you can remind yourself about how well Gabby can play on his own in a 4-5-1 formation.

That's my 'without Gabby' team. There's goals in that team. Substitute Gabby for Bent you have a team who will struggle to score goals. Conclusion: Bent is a better striker than Gabby. If only one could play it would be Bent for me everyday of the week. Therefore I'd sooner drop Gabby over Bent.

I hope this helps.

Gabby is extremely good in the lone striker role. Holds the ball up well, is strong and can turn his man and leave him for dead. As others have said, he was brilliant in that role a couple of seasons back.

5 goals and 7 assists so far this season in a poor side with negative tactics employed by the manager. Better than Suarez's stats.

Come back when you know something about football.

LAWRO :

Stoke were on a really good run until they were outplayed by Manchester City on Wednesday but Potters boss Tony Pulis made quite a few changes for that game and I think he did so with this match in mind.

Matthew Etherington didn't play at the Etihad and he will be back, as will Ryan Shawcross, who was suspended, and possibly Peter Crouch, who was ill.

Villa's performance against Liverpool last weekend was disappointing but they should have got something out of their game against Arsenal in midweek. If you are a Villa fan, you must be wondering why they can't play the way they did against the Gunners regularly, and be ultra-competitive.

They just weren't competitive at all against Liverpool and it was the same in their home game against Manchester United at the start of December, which is quite unusual for a team managed by Alex McLeish.

Villa lost all three of those games, but it was only the Arsenal game where they gave it a good go, and also gave themselves a better chance of winning it. They really have got to go to Stoke and play the same way.

But because it is Stoke and because I don't know whether Darren Bent is going to be fit for Villa, I am backing Stoke to get back to winning ways.

Prediction: 2-1

I would play:

----------------- Guzan -------------------

Herd --- Cuellar ---- Dunne --- Warnock

----------------- Clark --------------------

--------- Stan ------ The Zog ------------

Albrighton ----------------------- Gabby

----------------- Bent ---------------------

With GG and Bannan coming on with 30 left for Stan and one of The Zog or Albie (subject to performances). Plenty of good headers of the ball to cancel out Stoke's main threat and a pacey front 4 to get at their back 4.

play 442 with Gabby and Bent up top and we win...

play 451 and we lose

simples

It's really not as black and white as that is it.

I'm sure if bent and gabby are playing and we lose you'll just say that gabby was in the wing.

Plenty of better teams have gone to stoke and had their ass's handed to them.

play 442 with Gabby and Bent up top and we win...

play 451 and we lose

simples

It's really not as black and white as that is it.

I'm sure if bent and gabby are playing and we lose you'll just say that gabby was in the wing.

Plenty of better teams have gone to stoke and had their ass's handed to them.

I think a better way of putting it is if we play 442 show some attacking intent and try to play football it's the best chance we have of getting a positive result and possibly a win,

If we revert to Mcleish's tried and tested 451 backs to wall defending for 90 mins, in all likelyhood we will lose

Just had text off a mate, but probably Sky sports.

No - wish people would get the facts right! It said Bent (Thigh Injury) Heskey and Collins should be fit! No where did it say he was still injured and not in contention.