• Cuéllar
    • Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bannan (for Ireland 45)
    • Delfouneso (for Albrighton 88)

Think we played well and didn't deserve to lose. But until you can defend set peices in the Premier League, you'll struggle to pick up points.

Thought Gabby was awful. So many times we won the ball back on the half way line and it was screaming out for him to make a run to play him in, but he was just standing next to Metesacker the entire game it seemed.

Dunne, Ireland for the time he was on, Bannan, Albrighton and Zog all pleased me.

We've lost again, but we're happier - why? Because we gave it a go, because it was worth watching and because there was some entertainment - we'll get behind that, we'll make some noise - there's a lesson there Mr McLeish.

Just back from VP and your spot on OBE. Crowd response tonight was excellent due to what had been served up. The fact we were positive, the fact we gave our all and really took the game to Arsenal.

Despite the result there was plenty to be happy with tonight. Now of course we need to build on it. We continue to go out and play as we did tonight and with the same positive attitude the results will come. Lets just hope McLeish has noted the positive reaction of the crowd to the way we played and continues to send us out with the same attitude.

Warnock was good again tonight.

Maybe we were watching a different match, but I was there too and saw Warnock give the ball away carelessly in our own half on MULTIPLE occasions. Cuellar and Dunne both had to bail him out time and time again. He is a subpar defending LB and an average attacking LB (made a great move to get to the end line only to blast the ball into the Holte End).

Warnock had a BAD match.

Hutton fwiw (and I'm not a fan) had his best match to date in a Villa shirt. The sending off was dumb, but his overall play was above average today.

Dunne has been in beast mode over the past couple of months.

Hopefully Herd is healthy and can play at RB against Stoke so that Carlos can say at CB. He played well enough to maintain his place in the side IMO.

Arsenal were poor. Played two non-fullbacks at fullback and it showed. The only difference in the last 10 mins was that Arsenal could bring on two very good players to change the tide of the match and we could only bring on the Fonz. Promising match overall though and a million times better than the pathetic display vs Liverpool!

Goes to show with the right mix and plenty of balls we can live with the big boys. OK, the result was unfortunate and a little predictable when you're a struggling side, but this was a Villa side doing the right things.

It also demonstrated to anyone with a half a brain cell just why Collins and Heskey have been six months too long in a Villa shirt.

Crap scoreline, but maybe a glimpse of the old Villa....about time.

Think we played well and didn't deserve to lose. But until you can defend set peices in the Premier League, you'll struggle to pick up points.

Thought Gabby was awful. So many times we won the ball back on the half way line and it was screaming out for him to make a run to play him in, but he was just standing next to Metesacker the entire game it seemed.

Dunne, Ireland for the time he was on, Bannan, Albrighton and Zog all pleased me.

Agree with all that. So frustrating as we should have got more out of the game. Begs the question why we haven't played like that all season.

gutted

IMO we were bent gambling on some of the 1st half square balls and nzogbia diving away from winning, dunne MOTM he was immense, albrighton and nzogbia joint 2nd, hutton and warnock were same old, gabby was really disappointing as he has been in form and usually plays well vs them

the penalty pissed me off, it was a foul, a pretty stupid one, but walcott retained the ball and was in acres of space and gave up, its as bad as throwing yourself to the floor with a twist and a pike

unsurprisingly MOTDs coverage of the game is an absolute **** joke

wenger comes out and says we are lucky, the commentator ask AM were we unlucky? ever single veiwer at home is sat there thinking WTF villa had 2 chance all match, didnt show the nzogbia pen decision, didnt show any of our good work down the wings, basically showed **** all

ridiculously bad program, now fully expecting 10 mins of highlights from liverpools 0-0

Didn't hear any boo's at full time. Shows the fans know we actually played well and gave it a go. Don't matter though, we lost and people are going to find a way to moan no matter what. If we play like that from now we should beat the teams in and around us.

Dunne MOTM. Marc and Charles impressive. Hutton shite on so many levels.

Arsenal were pretty poor but at least we got at them. I hope to see the same application against Stoke minus the set piece frailty.

unsurprisingly MOTDs coverage of the game is an absolute **** joke

wenger comes out and says we are lucky, the commentator ask AM were we unlucky? ever single veiwer at home is sat there thinking WTF villa had 2 chance all match, didnt show the nzogbia pen decision, didnt show any of our good work down the wings, basically showed **** all

ridiculously bad program, now fully expecting 10 mins of highlights from liverpools 0-0

Yep. They pretty much skipped our highlights up until the free kick at the end of the first half. Before their penalty we looked most likely to score.

A am absolutely FUMING !! FUMING, about this game.

The players

They gave their all , the lot of them, I think NZogbia was immense, Cueller was great and the rest gave heart and soul - cannot fault any of them.

The Manager

I am RAGING - he has totally cost us the game tonight, and what annoys me, is no one seems to notice.

I will explain.

On 80 minutes, we were all over them, I wouldn't say it was only a matter of time before we scored, but, I think it is fair to say, we looked the more liekly.

On 82 minutes, I said to my son "what the hell is he telling them over there, he is telling Petrov and Albrighton to go back. They will destroy us".

84 minutes - I shout at top of my voice "What the hell are you playing at Villa, you've gone 20 yards back".

85 minutes - Arsenal corner. I see McLeish ushering back Gabby from the half way line back into the area. Hence, I go absolutely berserk and all around me wonders what the hell I am talking about. The gist of my rant was "What the bloody hell are you doing, can't you see what the bloody hell you're doing, look, Gabby is going into our box and taking the two players who were marking him with him (No.6 and one of their subs). I shout at the top of my voice "You bloody idiot - you've just put pressure on us for no reason.

Corner comes in - GOAL !!!!!

FUMING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, that wasn't the end of it.

88 minutes - Hutton is booked. I turn to my son and said "His head has gone, we need to get him off quick before he is sent off" . A discussion then takes place between me and my son as to whether we have used three subs. WHilst this discussion takes place RED CARD.

HOW THE FECKING HELL CAN'T OUR MANAGER SEE THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM RAGING TONIGHT.

The players were a credit , the players tried their best to win that game.

The manager tried his best to draw that game, and that resulted in us getting beat !!!.

Now 12th - Stoke will sluaghter us, as will Chelsea - we will go into the Swansea game in the bottom 4.

MCLEISH OUT (and I WILL be buying a badge with it next week !!!)

we played alot better, got in to a lot of good positions down the wings, albrighton was back to his best and nzogbia was easily twice as good as any previous performance, we closed down alot better, ireland put a shift in then went off injured, gabby was poor and did what was intended and pushed them right back giving the others space but his movement was lazy and he never ran at mertersacker, cuellar played well, dunne played really well

arsenal were pretty poor, look way off top 4

I've just watched the game on football first, if we play the rest of the season like we did tonight, then we have no worries about relegation and all that , what an improved performance tonight was, at times we played some ace football, and on the deck too!

**** the result, tonights game was the first game I've enjoyed watching this season.

Hutton is a **** douche

good performance, apart from gab

tbf gab is never good on his own up front,bent wud have got a goal today.

keep playing like that and we'll start getting more points

Absolute rubbish. Are you forgetting that amazing sequence of wins we achieved playing 4-5-1 with Gabby up front a couple of seasons ago? We couldn't stop winning, especially away from home. Clearly some people have short memories.

Gabby didn't have his best game today, that much is true. But people saying he was "awful" and "dire" etc are completely over-reacting. He would have had a goal in the first half but for a cracking save from the Arsenal keeper and his general link-up play with N'Zogbia was good. He is clearly at fault for the second goal, but then again I tend to think when the ball is crossed that close to the six-yard box Guzan should command his area and come out for it. Gabby has, mostly, been our only good player this season and it's disappointing to see so many of you forget that with one below-par performance.

I thought that was our best performance of the season tonight, and we still lost. Worrying times. On the plus side, I don't think we missed Bent in the slightest - Marc showed him how to finish. And N'Zogbia had his best game for us. Encouraging signs in terms of the pressing, I just hope we play the same team and lineup against Stoke.

85 minutes - Arsenal corner. I see McLeish ushering back Gabby from the half way line back into the area

yeah i spotted that but it didnt occur to me about the extra arsenal players following him in

cheers fella you changed my mood from being pretty positive to being pissed off again!

from i was sat it looked like he was telling albrighton to stay down and waste time when he was injured in around the 80th minute, which annoyed me at the time but i couldnt properly make it out so i gave him the benefit of the doubt

At the end of the day, we played very very well and deserved a draw at least.

We didn't get it. Shit happens.

But I can take a HUGE amount of positives from that game.

And that's what matters right now.

No point dwelling on a few negatives, they need to take that same zest and willingness into the next 5 games.

UTV

Â