R.I.P Saab Automobile

Tegis

we went to an LR dealership about 4 years ago as my wife was actively considering getting a freelander or possibly a defender (but knew in her heart of hearts the defender she wanted would be too basic)

It was an experience from a day gone by, they wouldn't speak to the missus as they presumed I would be the buyer. It's the only dealership anywhere ever I've encountered that. Surely most try and sell it to the little lady, even if they sell it on the nice colour. But no, he insisted on only talking to me right up to the point she announced she'd decided she no longer wanted one.

I'm not saying that was typical, I'm saying it was utterly bizarre. The only other dealership that came close for bizarre behaviour was a Jaguar dealership that basically refused to serve me. They phoned 3 months later to ask if I was still interested!!! I pointed out the German car dealership across the road had beaten them by about 12 weeks.

Anyway, good to see LR on the up.

• Like 1

I'll defend my local LR dealer to the hilt. Mrs E gets far more sense out them than I ever do.

I've had access to or owned pretty much every car LR have made over the last 10 years and apart from the current FreeLander they've all been a joy from a reliability point of view.

The Defender is a fabulours vehicle and the classic shape will rocket in value come 2015. I can only hope the "new" shape dies on its arse and they do a Coke Classic U turn.

Â