Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

some of the teams put here are laughable. a midfield trio of delph/bannan/petrov? lol.

Which one of Ireland, Gardner and Johnson would you play instead? :?

Ireland should play behind the striker (gabby) with albrighton and zog on each flank. bannan and petrov cant play together because petrov doesnt have the legs for a def midfielder anymore so you would have to chose delph.

I'm actually dreading turning up tomorrow. I almost know for a fact we won't turn up and when we have our bright moments we'll get caught out. Sad I know as I'm usually positive about the Villa but to be deadly honest a point is looking out of our grasp (though not impossible!).

First thing's first. Considering we're meant to be defensively sound can we please learn how to defend corners. None of that easy bull-crap again, every set piece we look fragile.

Secondly, can we please set out to attack when we're at home, it gets boring watching us hoof it (Collins, quit panicing man!) only to have to clear it again, Arsenal are good movers on and off the ball so can we not try and play them at their own game. Even if we lose at least we can say we tried. Hell we won at their place 2-1 last year and we were hopeless then, so it's more than do-able.

Lastly let's find our voice and get singing loud and early to boost the lads no matter how crap we are, I want to lose my voice again come Wednesday night.

UTV

some of the teams put here are laughable. a midfield trio of delph/bannan/petrov? lol.

Which one of Ireland, Gardner and Johnson would you play instead? :?

Ireland should play behind the striker (gabby) with albrighton and zog on each flank. bannan and petrov cant play together because petrov doesnt have the legs for a def midfielder anymore so you would have to chose delph.

I'd prefer Bannan to Ireland in that formation - but that's the only difference I think in what we're saying - laughable was a bit strong wasn't it?

•Aston Villa have failed to score in four of their past five league games.

•Alex McLeish's side have won only two of their last nine matches.

•They have lost three of their last four home league matches

god we are cack

Lastly let's find our voice and get singing loud and early to boost the lads no matter how crap we are, I want to lose my voice again come Wednesday night.

UTV

I think this is an important point, it's easy for Citeh fans to be loud at games because they're flying but it's hard when you're playing s***e like us, a buzzing atmosphere DOES make a difference on performance, it will just be difficult because we're not in the mood. Fair play to the Brigada lads in the lower Holte who never stop even when it looked like we were going to get a pasting on Sunday.

At least we know Heskey won't be replacing Bent, i'd go with just Gabby up top on his own with Bannan just behind him with more of a free role. Personally, I would play Clark in CM with Petrov instead of Delph, and Zoggy and Albie on the wings but I reckon he'll play Delph and we'll get a pasting!

We'll get battered and lose by at least 3 goals.

I hate to say it but I never thought that before games against the top sides under MON, we'd always come away from the game saying "we were robbed" or "we deserved something from that". Now it's "we were lucky to keep it below 6".

:(

Come on Villa, surprise us!

The Guardian - which has a pretty good track record of getting these things right - is saying this morning

Guzan

Hutton Dunne Collins Warnock

Petrov Clark Delph

Albrighton Agbonlahor N'Zogbia

So those who are wanting Clark to start may get their wish but maybe not in the position they expected.

Collins is doubtful, though, so maybe Clark will have to go back 4 and someone else -Bannan or Ireland? - might go midfield.

The Guardian - which has a pretty good track record of getting these things right - is saying this morning

Guzan

Petrov Clark Delph

So those who are wanting Clark to start may get their wish but maybe not in the position they expected.

Collins is doubtful, though, so maybe Clark will have to go back 4 and someone else -Bannan or Ireland? - might go midfield.

Why would Clark start over Bannan?

I'm actually dreading turning up tomorrow.

This! Its like going to my mother in laws! Bored shitless for a couple of hours but do it out of duty! In fact i missed the Liverpool game to go out for a meal with mother in law! :lol:

Really cant see me renewing next season and been going full time since 87 :cry:

Guzan

Petrov Clark Delph

Why would Clark start over Bannan?

I guess because they need a DM and Bannan wouldn't do so well at that.