We have upset Downing :O

Djemba_Villan

WHEN John Henry and Tom Werner were informed about Liverpool FC’s interest in Stewart Downing last summer they turned to the internet to find out more.

The Reds’ principal owner and chairman stumbled across a video on YouTube which grabbed their attention.

“There was some footage of Stewart where he is, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it’s brilliant,” Werner recalled.

“John and I said: ‘Oh my god, this player is brilliant, we’ve got to figure out a way to make a deal with him’.”

The American duo later discovered the footage had been doctored but the excitement at Downing’s arrival remained.

Liverpool Daily Post

And the video itself as uploaded by the Villa marketing department

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

This has made my day!

(I wasn't happy to see him go though - I thought we'd miss him and we have)

WHEN John Henry and Tom Werner were informed about Liverpool FC’s interest in Stewart Downing last summer they turned to the internet to find out more.

The Reds’ principal owner and chairman stumbled across a video on YouTube which grabbed their attention.

“There was some footage of Stewart where he is, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it’s brilliant,” Werner recalled.

“John and I said: ‘Oh my god, this player is brilliant, we’ve got to figure out a way to make a deal with him’.”

The American duo later discovered the footage had been doctored but the excitement at Downing’s arrival remained.

Liverpool Daily Post

I guess we should thank our marketing team for getting us £20 million. Utterly incredible. :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Faulkner was behind it, I can tell!

:notworthy:

Liverpool Daily Post

haha-nelson.jpg

Liverpool Daily Post

:shock: :lol:

That is hilarious! I honestly thought it was one of those 'newsarse' type websites but am now shocked as it looks like a genuine article. simply unbelieveable.

14kcsvp.jpg

Do we now think that that photo may well have been real?

one thing i'd question is there seems to be too many left hands in that picture. Seems to be three holding the scarf and andy carrolls is on that blokes shoulder.

If you zoom in on downings left hand, it's just the tassels on the scarf that look like another hand. Downing is holding it in a weird way though. Pics real

Â