Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Larscapaldi

Good line up but as seen before, it doesn't seem to equate to victories with Villa..

Some come on McLeish, get them out there and fired up to win and lets have more than 5 shots on target please... double figures would be nice.

UTV!

Villa: Given, Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Clark, Petrov, Albrighton, Ireland, Agbonlahor, Bent

if that's the team i predict a bore draw or a defeat...

Gabby on the wing.... 5 in midfield and Bent completely isolated....

if Irelands on the wing cutting inside and gabby is up front then we stand a chance but a highly doubt it...

looks like a 451 to me

what a bollocks line up, Hutton and Collins starting with gabby out wide and bent on his own. so much for mcleishs appetite for attacking football. one up front at home against a mediocre everton team. what a word removed , its gonna be 5 in a row or the most painfully boring draw in the world. I reckon we will have 4 shots on target today

Given back in is great news. I think Guzan is pretty average and Given has arguably been our best player this season (along with Gabby).

Cuellar out. What the ****? Guess McShitey doesn't learn. If he's on the bench then I assume he's fit to play. Real real shame that.

I predict the usual snorefest.

Gabby was sensational cutting in from the wing earlier in the season so I don't know why everyone is so against it.

he is more devastating up front....

Terry and Luiz shat their pants when he played up front against them and them Mcleish sticks him on the wing in the next match after...go figure....

with his pace and running in the channels he stretches defenders and helps to pin the opposition back...

on the wing he spends 60% of the game in his own half tracking the opponents winger and we pass the ball to him hoping he can kick it past their full back and put in a low cross.....

thats not his game and never will be

he belongs up front and i hope to god its ireland on the wing today

Dunne, Collins, Warnock and Hutton.

facepalm.gif

No matter how many mistakes they make, no matter how shit they are, they somehow worm their way back to the first team and it's all thanks to our relegation manager.

There should be no way to lose this. We're at home, we have our best team out, we've had a week rest as opposed to Everton who are away, have injuries on key players and haven't had a proper rest.

NO EXCUSES

3 points for us today, they won't score, we will.

line up isn't too bad to be honest! if they all give 7/10 performances we'll win no worries...

Ireland on the wing is far worse than Gabby on the wing, we might as well have 10 players.

When Gabby is forced back in to his own half it's usually because we cannot get the ball, that is a problem with the rest of the team, not Gabby.

Gabby was sensational cutting in from the wing earlier in the season so I don't know why everyone is so against it.

Terry and Luiz shat their pants when he played up front against them and them Mcleish sticks him on the wing in the next match after...go figure....

with his pace and running in the channels he stretches defenders and helps to pin the opposition back...

on the wing he spends 60% of the game in his own half tracking the opponents winger and we pass the ball to him hoping he can kick it past their full back and put in a low cross.....

Totally agree.

I agree. I like Gabby up front with Bent and Zog on the left. That's how we played against Bolton and it gave Gabby freedom to drift out left higher up the pitch when he wanted and also Zog drifted inside too. Worked great. Sure enough we don't play like that anymore. What a genius AML is.

Ireland is NOT a winger and needs to played as an attacking mid.

Dunne, Collins, Warnock and Hutton.

facepalm.gif

No matter how many mistakes they make, no matter how shit they are, they somehow worm their way back to the first team and it's all thanks to our relegation manager.

There should be no way to lose this. We're at home, we have our best team out, we've had a week rest as opposed to Everton who are away, have injuries on key players and haven't had a proper rest.

NO EXCUSES

agreed

but unfortunately you've listed all the reasons why we will most likely lose....

Villa Park has been a safe haven for shit teams who want to boost their self confidence