Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Larscapaldi

I think it's important for a manager to have a number 1 goalkeeper, and to stick with him whenever available. Of course it's harsh on Brad, but I'm happier knowing that McLeish is certain of at least 1 thing; who his best goalkeeper is.

I think a draw is on the cards today, but we probably couldn't be playing them at a better time if Distin (always seems to do well against us!) and Jagielka are indeed both out.

I think it's the wrong decision dropping Guzan just because Given is fit again also what message does it send out to the rest of the squad?

Very different when it comes to keepers. If people seriously want to criticise McLeish over this it is very very sad.

Is it really that different?

Given is fit again and is walking back into the team without having to work for it meanwhile Guzan who has been good is being dropped due to no fault of his own.. of course I will criticise him for it because it's a stupid thing to do.

I also wonder who he will drop when Keane comes into the team..

To me this has low scoring draw written all over it. McCleish will be well aware that another loss and he will breaking all the wrong sort of records and as such he will play with 10 men behind the ball at all times. Personnel on the pitch won't really matter as they will be played deployed defensively whom ever thay are.

From Everton's perspective I think they would be happy with a draw, considering their many injuries, and as such they will play a cagey match.

Either 0-0 or 1-1 and exceptionally dull to boot.

I think it's the wrong decision dropping Guzan just because Given is fit again also what message does it send out to the rest of the squad?

That if you're a better player than your backup and happen to get injured that you don't automatically lose your place?

shame to see Fonz or Weimann make way for Keane, it's a backwards step

I just can't see how you can come to that conclusion. I love our young lads coming though and am proud of that, but the harsh reality is they are both shit and not in the same league as keane.

Whatever you want to say about age, and money spent on him he is a player that can come off the bench and do something.

The countless times the two young lads have come on they offer nothing.

It is harsh on brad, he put in a good shift. But you don't leave quality on the bench, that is even more wrong.

Given is a class act, and is better than guzan. Harsh but true.

I just can't see how you can come to that conclusion. I love our young lads coming though and am proud of that, but the harsh reality is they are both shit and not in the same league as keane.

Whatever you want to say about age, and money spent on him he is a player that can come off the bench and do something.

exactly....our youngsters are so over rated on here it's untrue...

if we didn't have such shit senior players in our team we wouldn't be talking about them as much and wanting them to play....

IMO if Fonz and Weimann are getting regular games for Villa then it means we've been relegated

Hmmm Neither are shit but Keane is a useless old has been. Don't believe me? Well just sit back and watch.

I have my doubts about whether or not the Fonz will make it at VP but if not at Villa he will somewhere. As AW, how many times have you seen him come on? Certainly not enough to times to say he is shit!

I'm not looking forward to watching Everton show us how to play today, not that they are any good just that we are so bad under this manager.

I hope for a win, will accept a point but I expect nothing.

Villa: Given, Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Clark, Petrov, Albrighton, Ireland, Agbonlahor, Bent

if that's the team i predict a bore draw or a defeat...

Gabby on the wing.... 5 in midfield and Bent completely isolated....

if Irelands on the wing cutting inside and gabby is up front then we stand a chance but a highly doubt it...

looks like a 451 to me