Frozen Planet Fakery

AVFCLaura

Not a problem.

It's a documentary. It's not a "look at these 100% genuine pictures" show.

If the footage paints a better picture of what goes on, then surely that's a good thing?

This is like complaining about the computer animated bits in Wonders of the Universe because it's not reallly shot in space

agree with this.

just because it isn't 100% real all the time doesn't mean it doesn't represent what would actually happen within nature.

This 'non-story' has generated a 3 page thread on a forum which is dead on it's arse during the day, so I happily invite other people to post 'non-stories' and get this forum moving a little. 8)

Can't argue with that.

Jon I think that comment is most unfair if you are referring to me.

Nope.

I'm referring to those that that write about it in the media, or those that have complained to the BBC.

You don't seem overly outraged to me...

to those of us who watch these programmes with respect and amazement it is a let down.

I watch these programmes with respect and amazement, and for me it was not a letdown.

I'm outraged at fakery in this very thread.

This thread contains quotes that masquerade as being from the upstanding and appealing to my lefty yoghurt knitting sensibilities publication known as the Guardian. Or Grauniad. They are in fact, imposters, staged, I put it to you, to avoid scrutiny and criticism from the left leaning world, as they are in fact from the Telegraph, known in common parlance in my circles as the Torygraph, understandibly.

I'm disappointed that Laura, an upstanding member of the forum who has provided us years of good quality comment and occasional well loved pictures, could mislead us so. I wonder now if all of it was faked, and thats a sadness.

;)

Watching these programmes always intrigues me how they manage to be in the right place at the right time

As I explained on page one of this thread, they dont just go for a week, they spend months out on location waiting for things to happen.

I saw some of the orignal camera footage that my mate took on his camera when out for the North America programme and when you see the footage the experts did it blows your mind! Its not faked, its just the way they filmed it. in the 4 weeks they were out in th estates doing the storm footage it turned out to be one of the least active times my mate had seen in his years chasing, there was more time waiting in cars looking at a laptop than filming.

d6b1451e.jpg

6167f492.jpg

Going back to the original post, I agree with David Attenborough 100%. The BBC make wildlife programs which are the envy of the world, and I dont think filming a few shots in a zoo will change that. The big hoo ha here seems to be that some of the public are surprised how TV shows are made and edited. You know that the "reaction" shots on the X Factor of the judges faces during a particularly great/shit* performance are filmed separately and cut in because the producers of the show want the viewers to buy into a certain storyline they are trying to produce. Once again I will link to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwepkVurCI. It is a bit off topic, but the underlying point is still valid, all TV is smoke and mirrors. The BBC have earned my trust that their wildlife shows arent utter bullshit, but they are still heavily edited.

*delete as applicable

When I saw the shot I was amazed, I remember saying how did they get that shot. Obviously it's a little disappointing that it was shot in a zoo rather than in the wild (I wouldn't call it fake, it happened), but it was still an amazing shot all the same, and the program the better for it.

Â