Ever faced the Walk of Shame?

AVFCLaura

So I've seen a lot in the press recently about the Harvey Nichols

advert and it made me think about all the potential connotations, assumptions, messages and actually all you lot and your experiences of this situation.

Have you done the walk of shame? Any good stories?

What do you think of the advert? Offensive, funny or pointless?

:lol:

Brilliant.

I had to do the walk of shame a couple of weeks ago. Bumped into my neighbour walking with her kids. She asked what I was doing, to which I replied "Walking the dog". I have no dog. We shared a chuckle.

portraying girls as slutty and drunks , not the cleverest marketing campaign I've ever seen tbh

Either that, or "It got a dedicated thread on a football forum, result!"

portraying girls as slutty and drunks , not the cleverest marketing campaign I've ever seen tbh

true :-) but unless you buy a lot of dress it's not really hitting it's target audience here .....

true :-) but unless you buy a lot of dress it's not really hitting it's target audience here .....

I don't do short dresses......

I don't get it. Nothing shameful at all there. Nice looking women in very short skirts - what's not to like?

You understand what is meant by the whole 'walk of shame' bit dont you Mike?

Nope.

Well obviously, I do now, as I've just Urban Dictionaried it.

Meh. Who cares?

:|

Not the greatest of ads though liked this comment

Moral of the story: as long as you're a model with someone to do your hair and makeup before you leave, there's no such thing as a walk of shame. Nice work, Harvey Nic's

Prefere this advert

On a walk of shame story, not realy apart from having to sneak out the window of some girls on the Wood, I set her alarms off as she locked me in when we went to bed.

Walk of fame was the best, I saw this girl who would for some reason only shag to Neil Diamond, she was a real screamer and I mean all the way through sex! I always walked out of that house in six million dollar man slow motion and when I saw a neighbour I would just smile as if to say "yes it was me that did that" :lol:

Well my time went so quickly, I went lickety-split-ly, out to my old '55

As I drove away slowly, feeling so holy, God knows, I was feeling alive.

Now the sun's coming up, I'm riding with Lady Luck

Freeway, cars and trucks

Stars beginning to fade, and I lead the parade

Just a-wishing I'd stayed a little longer,

Oh, Lord, let me tell you that the feeling's getting stronger.

And it's six in the morning, gave me no warning; I had to be on my way.

Well there's trucks all a-passing me, and their lights are all flashing me,

I'm on my way home from your place.

I thought so too.

As long as you are wearing a Harvey Nics dress you will look like a fabulous slutty drunk. Wait, what...?!

I thought so too.

As long as you are wearing a Harvey Nics dress you will look like a fabulous slutty drunk. Wait, what...?!

My take on it too.

it's kind of saying, wear Harvey Nic's anmd you'll pull and get laid. Surely the wrong target audience for HN's?

For blokes it's kind of different, as surely it's only a walk of shame if you got blindingly drunk and slept with a real munter .... otherwise it's surely a walk of fame! :winkold:

For blokes it's kind of different, as surely it's only a walk of shame if you got blindingly drunk and slept with a real munter .... otherwise it's surely a walk of fame! :winkold:

mmm, don't know, not every time. I found the experience rather sobering at uni, in the harsh light of the thur/fri/sat/sun morn, going into her living room/kitchen in halls and encountering the flat mates I hadn't met before...but obviously they knew why I was there...also, I'm a blusher :oops: So I would attempt a casual 'morning!' and maybe just receive a stare in reply, I would go the colour of a...well, a very red thing :oops: ha. Actually that particular scenario only happened once, was much better getting a big long snog at her door when saying goodbye, and saying we'd talk later, I'd feel quite 8) then and not :oops:

Â