Dunne

Warnock

Petrov

Herd

Bannan

Albrighton

Bent

N'Zogbia

Is what I hope to see. Sort of. I'd rather we went 442, but I don't want to see Heskey start (although I suspect we might) as he plays as a crap midfielder even if he's notionally up front. Delfouneso and Weimann don't look like great options, but then we don't see them in training so who knows.

Liverpool are a decent side but not exceptional. We should be taking a point here at least, though without Gabby I doubt we will.

100% agree with this, I was going to say pretty much the same thing and name the same squad. We can all moan about McLeish's formation and line ups, but as you pointed out, he and his team watch all the players in training week in, week out.

I'm in no way a fan of McLeish, but I think we have no choice but to back his decision on who to replace Gabby, personally. If we lose, whatever his decision will get criticised anyway, be that Bent on his own or partnered with Weimann, Delf or Heskey. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

-----------------------------------Guzan-------------------------------------------

Cuellar--------------Dunne--------------------Collins-----------------Warnock-

Hutton---------------Herd----------------------Petrov---------------------Delph-

------------------------------------Heskey-----------------------------------------

------------------------------------Bent--------------------------------------------

this is how Mcleish will line up. He will see it as a game we cannot possibly win and go all out for a 0-0

Can you enlighten me as to why psychics such as yourself don't win the lottery every week? Is it on moral grounds, cheating and fairness and all that?

Guzan

Hutton

Collins

Dunne

Warnock

Petrov

Herd

Bannan

Albrighton

Bent

N'Zogbia

Is what I hope to see. Sort of. I'd rather we went 442, but I don't want to see Heskey start (although I suspect we might) as he plays as a crap midfielder even if he's notionally up front. Delfouneso and Weimann don't look like great options, but then we don't see them in training so who knows.

Liverpool are a decent side but not exceptional. We should be taking a point here at least, though without Gabby I doubt we will.

100% agree with this, I was going to say pretty much the same thing and name the same squad. We can all moan about McLeish's formation and line ups, but as you pointed out, he and his team watch all the players in training week in, week out.

I'm in no way a fan of McLeish, but I think we have no choice but to back his decision on who to replace Gabby, personally. If we lose, whatever his decision will get criticised anyway, be that Bent on his own or partnered with Weimann, Delf or Heskey. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

-----------------------------------Guzan-------------------------------------------

Cuellar--------------Dunne--------------------Collins-----------------Warnock-

Hutton---------------Herd----------------------Petrov---------------------Delph-

------------------------------------Heskey-----------------------------------------

------------------------------------Bent--------------------------------------------

this is how Mcleish will line up. He will see it as a game we cannot possibly win and go all out for a 0-0

Can you enlighten me as to why psychics such as yourself don't win the lottery every week? Is it on moral grounds, cheating and fairness and all that?

I dont play the lottery.

McLeish is that boring and predictable you dont have to be a genuis to work out what fromation he will play against a top 6 team.

Even if the personel is different the formation will be the same. It will be the same as we played against spurs and united. a very deep lying 4-5-1 formation is what will happen.

He can come out and say its the dutch 4-3-3 system all he likes but he doesnt fool anybody.

I think Eck might go with Fonz.

There seems to have been a lot of building him up this week in the press and saying that he needs to kick on etc

Nine day wonder. I'd rather give Weimann a run.

cant understand the delfouneso bashing, his 20, has scored when he starts games. people say his lazy but does exactly the same workrate as bent. can see him starting sunday.

1-0 either way for me, downing will have a blinder though.

and just a few choice comments from liverpool forums

bunch of arrogant bastards that is Aston Villa

They are possibly the most deluded fans out there.

Some of you know. Im mates with a couple of Villa players. Been over to their training ground a couple of times.

We've dodges a bullet on Nzogbia boys, let me tell you. Apparently, he's the worst trainer in their club and all he talks about all the time is going on holliday. I was one of those who wanted him at ours, so Im delighted to have been proved wrong.

Shit club, shit fans, shit stadium. Hope we smash them

all comments off redandwhitekop.com match thread

being called arrogant & deluded by liverpool fans. the same people who think they will win the league every season despite last winning it in over 20 years ago.

90% of them on RAWK are plastic clearings in the woods that wouldn’t be able to find their arsehole, let alone Anfield. They’re about as relevant to the top of the league as we are.

Anyway, bets on when Hutton cuts Downing into two? I’m going for 56th minute.

I'm planning on turning up for this one to give McLeish another chance to redeem himself. I'll probably sit in the upper trinity, as far away from the plastic scousers as I can.

We should theoretically be looking to win this as Liverpool aren't amazing but if McLeish goes defensive I can see it being a long afternoon.