• N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Bent 81)

Really imoortant result yesterday.

I thought we played really well against a pretty poor bolton. I cant see why everyone has a downer on our 2ND half performance. Bolton were always going to come out and try to get back in the game and i kust admit that although we werent as good as we had been in the first half i never thought the result was in any doubt. We dealt comfortably with any threat bolton posed and still created the two best chances of the half. With some better finishing we good quite easily have won by 3 or 4.

Given our form of late there were far more positives than negatives

Why is wanting the team to lose to accelerate Mcleish's departure so hard to fathom for some?

It's simple, really.

If you support a team you want them to win matches.

Anyone wanting Villa to lose matches at present has probably got a bit too wrapped up in the politics of it all, the Lerner/Faulkner McLeish debate, and has lost sight of that simple fact.

It simply can't make sense to want the team you support to lose.

And I was raging about this. Our record buy, our best goalscorer is clearly lacking in confidence. He admittedly misses a couple of chances (only one though I think he should have stuck away, the deflected one) - he has games coming up that he will probably get one chance in, and what do you do - substitute him !. The guy must be shot to pieces, and I can see him wanting out. I have never seen us waste such a talent in my 41 yrs.

I think he might have picked up a knock because before the corner after which he was substituted he went over to the bench and said something.

Strange one because 1st half we actually played like Holland, even Dunne was on the wing at one stage

2nd half was like watching Billy McNeils Villa team, absolute garbage

Not sure what to make if it

I'll admit we played much better in the first half than in the second but a lot of that was down to the fact that Bolton are piss poor and we let them attack us in the second half and tried to defend our 2 goal lead.

Played like Holland! Yeah, Jools Holland.

Why is wanting the team to lose to accelerate Mcleish's departure so hard to fathom for some?

One win against the bottom of the table side and everyone is happy again :?: I only saw the 2nd half and we were dreadful.

I wouldn't say I wanted the team to lose, but I can understand it those who were thinking this way.

I cannot understand why any fan would want their team to lose, yes people can moan and boo, but wanting them to lose is something I cannot fathom

One win against the bottom of the table side and everyone is happy again :?: I only saw the 2nd half and we were dreadful.

I wouldn't say I wanted the team to lose, but I can understand it those who were thinking this way.

I cannot understand why any fan would want their team to lose, yes people can moan and boo, but wanting them to lose is something I cannot fathom

That's just how sad some of our 'supporters' have become.

Strange one because 1st half we actually played like Holland, even Dunne was on the wing at one stage

I'll admit we played much better in the first half than in the second but a lot of that was down to the fact that Bolton are piss poor and we let them attack us in the second half and tried to defend our 2 goal lead.

Didn't see the game but all the reports says that we were good in the first half and sat back making it nervous in the 2nd. Only being 2-0 up that's how I expected it to be. Apart from being the normal Villa way it's also very common for a team in our position to have that kind of a game. We've just won 3 games before this one and we know we have a hard run of games ahead of us, and this could be our first away win and we're probably rather low on confidence. So sitting back and getting nervous in a game like this one, especially with their early goal in the 2nd half, is just natural. I'm just glad we could see it through and bring all the 3 points back home.

Happy we won, happy for Albrighton to score and playing good according to reports. Less happy with Bent missing chances. Low on confidence or wanting to leave? Guess we'll know in January.

A vital and much needed 3 points. It looks like we played quite well in the first half, and had enough chances to bury the game. It also looks to me like Bent is lacking in confidence more than anything, I think its the old adage of him needing one to go in off his backside or his knee and he'll maybe go on a run of scoring again. His lack of chances in previous games probably hasn't helped him in all honesty.

We now have a tricky run of games, I'm not confident that we'll build on this winning match. It all depends how we go into the Liverpool game, whether we revert to type or take some confidence into the match.

...."Dozier Holland"

Important 3 points from the kind of sides we should be getting points from.
We looked decent in the first half and that was too much for a chronic Bolton side who on this form will be relegated. The second half was back to the usual dross we have served up in the majority of our previous games.

Agree with the above quote and if we keep playing teams of this calibre then we'll be ok this season. The trouble is there are few teams as bad as Bolton and it will still be a long hard slog this season unless AM is sacked and we re-invest in a proper manager and better players in January.

I went to the game and thought for the first half hour both sides were pretty mince, though we missed more chances than Bolton did - they just had 1, plus a free kick given for no apparent reason.

After we scored, which was a good move, Bolton just went to bits and pur confidence surged - we could have got another 3 or 4 before half time instead of just one. Marc Albrightom turned into a different player after he scored.

Second half Villa's passing was too often diabolical - they didn't keep the ball on the floor enough and too often just lumped it away. That, to me was the players fault, not the manager's. N'Zogbia played as well as he has for us, first half. He was pants second half, mind.

Deserved the win, in what was a "must win" game

That's just how sad some of our 'supporters' have become.

I don't think it's anything new. During the MON days for whatever reason we had plenty of fans who hated him so much they would obviously take a perverse pleasure in seeing us lose. Building up to the games they would spout nothing but negative bile. If we won you wouldn't see them on the site for a week. If we lost they would post like spam bots smug as ****.

Â