• Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Bent 81)

first half we were average, but looked better due to bolton being so very shit

second half they upped their game while we stayed the same and it showed

im not quite sure why people think by booting it as hard and high as we possibly can that suddenly bent will hang in the air like gary thompson and win ball after ball but someone must think so as that is what still hapoens through out the entire game

bent had 3 very good chances, didnt score but again they were all on target, the header was not as easy and he missed the target with that one.

znogbia kept it reasonably simple in the 1st half and looked decent enough, 2nd half the great team talk and he is back to the shit we have been watching since he joined

hutton was dog dirt, really, i didnt think he was as bad as some have been saying for weeks but today he was terrible

gabby had an off day although we never looked to slip him through and use his great pace which was a mistake

alby was good first half and again the team talk at half time was probably something along the lines of " right sit deep and absorb all the pressure we havea 2 goal lead" and he we not as good although he did keep trying unlike nzgb

petrov and herd were decent in the middle at winning or battling but keeping momentum with attack when we have it is woeful, the amount of times it went from half way in their half back to our keeper to hooof it was stupid especially when there was absolutely no need in the first place.

i voted warnock as man of the match today, sometimes he is good, sometimes he is shit but today him and dunne were the 2 stand outs for me.

guzan was decent also

heskey? what the **** ? the ginger clunge tried his best to **** it up again by putting this tw@ on the pitch

lets get cahill in and **** heskey and the 2 ginger twunts off

i expect bent to liverpool in january with liverpool off loading andy carol onto some retards ( no doubt fergie will tell ginger twunt he is great and we will spunk every last penny we have on the fat geordie ponce)

first half we were average, but looked better due to bolton being so very shit

second half they upped their game while we stayed the same and it showed

im not quite sure why people think by booting it as hard and high as we possibly can that suddenly bent will hang in the air like gary thompson and win ball after ball but someone must think so as that is what still hapoens through out the entire game

bent had 3 very good chances, didnt score but again they were all on target, the header was not as easy and he missed the target with that one.

znogbia kept it reasonably simple in the 1st half and looked decent enough, 2nd half the great team talk and he is back to the shit we have been watching since he joined

hutton was dog dirt, really, i didnt think he was as bad as some have been saying for weeks but today he was terrible

gabby had an off day although we never looked to slip him through and use his great pace which was a mistake

alby was good first half and again the team talk at half time was probably something along the lines of " right sit deep and absorb all the pressure we havea 2 goal lead" and he we not as good although he did keep trying unlike nzgb

petrov and herd were decent in the middle at winning or battling but keeping momentum with attack when we have it is woeful, the amount of times it went from half way in their half back to our keeper to hooof it was stupid especially when there was absolutely no need in the first place.

i voted warnock as man of the match today, sometimes he is good, sometimes he is shit but today him and dunne were the 2 stand outs for me.

guzan was decent also

heskey? what the **** ? the ginger clunge tried his best to **** it up again by putting this tw@ on the pitch

lets get cahill in and **** heskey and the 2 ginger twunts off

i expect bent to liverpool in january with liverpool off loading andy carol onto some retards ( no doubt fergie will tell ginger twunt he is great and we will spunk every last penny we have on the fat geordie ponce)

Your a cheery chap aint you, Villa won just blumin enjoy it for once rather than picking at all the things that were not perfect!

Nobody is going to sign Bent he has been wank this season and its not all down to us being wank, plenty of chances have been created for him.

We don't half have some knobhead fans. Some clearing in the woods on WM just said he'd rather we'd have lost ... this despite him going to the game. What a plank

How incredibly ironic that post is! Considering you, not long ago, last season to be presise, said you wouldn't actually mind if we were relegated from the best league in the world.

Same mentality, no?

"We're winning away! We're winning awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! How shit must you be?! We're winning away!"

Some times is brilliant being a Villa fan.

And "You should have gone Christmas shopping, gone Christmas shopping!!!" :lol:

Massive win. My MOTM goes to Albrighton, narrowly from Petrov, and I am so pleased to see him have a good game again finally. He's had a torrid 12 months or so after a blistering start and it was great to see him back on form. Should be a massive confidence boost for him, and the team collectively.

Villa fans were excellent and the singing at the barmaid in the Beehive pub before the game was so funny! Also, a whole away pub singing anti-McLeish songs is very ominous.

Why is wanting the team to lose to accelerate Mcleish's departure so hard to fathom for some?

One win against the bottom of the table side and everyone is happy again :?: I only saw the 2nd half and we were dreadful.

I wouldn't say I wanted the team to lose, but I can understand it those who were thinking this way.

Nice to get 3 points, you can only beat what is put out infront of you. Petrov is playing really well this season, looks like he's enjoying his football and on another day we might have had 3 or 4.

We're hardly brilliant atm but it's 3 points and a win that can boost morale, now for the real tests.

First half was as good performance as we've given in the last 15 months, 0-2 flattered Bolton. Warnock motm for me, probably his best game for us to date.

Loving the I 'what did mcleish say to them at half time' brigade, who knows but I wonder what he said to them before kick off cos that was working...

First half we looked like an actual football team which was a welcome change. Bolton were woeful and there for the taking and despite a pretty poor showing in the second half we saw it out so credit where it's due.

That said, while Bolton are an absolutely shocking side and we arguably put in one of our top performances this season there still wasn't too much in it really. The more I think about that the more disturbing it is with regards the rest of this season.

Nice to see Albrighton and Gabby finally let off the McLeash (see what I did there), Albrighton in particular looked a different player today and deserves a lot of credit for getting himself stuck in when he has obviously been lacking confidence recently.

Warnock had another good game too I thought which highlighted all the more the absolute shambles that is Hutton. I'm now starting to think he's less of a liability when he gets himself sent off as at least with 10 men we can move someone over to cover the position.

Still a much needed 3 points, especially with what is coming up in the next couple of weeks!

Dunne was my MOTM. Petrov, Warnock & Albrighton did well.

We did the simple things much better at the Reebok. Instead of hoofing long balls at Bent & Gabby, we used our superior pace & the width of the park, with Albrighton, N'Zogbia & Agbonlahor getting behind Bolton's back four on the wings and putting in dangerous crosses into the box. It worked, especially furst half.

Really pleased Dunne & Herd leading the charge of throwing their bodies at any sign of a shot from the opposition. Constantly snuffed out most efforts, leaving Brad well protected mostly.

Bent can't blame a lack of service or for being isolated when he keeps missing gilt edged chances like he did y'day. He had about 3 laid on a plate for him & fluffed them all. On another day, one would hope, he'd have scored at least twice.

Three well deserved points and we're up to 8th at a venue we've in times gone past struggled to assert ourselves above a draw.

A much improved PL position on this time last year, when IIRC we were bottom of the league. Although saying that, we have some tough fixtures coming up against far superior opposition than yesterday's. However if we can show the same sort of improvement as we did at the Reebok and 2nd half against the Mancs there's hope!

Well fair play where it is due, we won, and we won convincingly. There were plus points, there were negative points.

At the end of the day though, I', not getting too excited just yet, 4 wins, 3 against Bolton, Wigan and Blackburn. I think the only thing we can fully know is that there are 3 worse teams than us in the league, and we should escape relegation.

Plus's

And I have thought it all season. I don't give a toss how lacking in confidence the guy was, Marc Albrighton SHOULD start games. I keep hearing things like "one trick pony" etc.. The kid is 20, he is still learning. But the kid has got it, he can cross, he can take a player on, he can tackle and he can score. He now just needs experience to show him when is the best thing to to which. I cannot fathom why he hasnt been played - now Downing is gone, he is our most creative player.

Petrov - I think he has been outstanding in the last month, which is why it worries me when I pick up todays papers to see Villa have put it around we are open to offers. I can think of about 10 players I'd let go before Stan.

The negatives

And I was raging about this. Our record buy, our best goalscorer is clearly lacking in confidence. He admittedly misses a couple of chances (only one though I think he should have stuck away, the deflected one) - he has games coming up that he will probably get one chance in, and what do you do - substitute him !. The guy must be shot to pieces, and I can see him wanting out. I have never seen us waste such a talent in my 41 yrs.

Outcome

Happy for win, very needed, but lets face it - I could not believe how bad Bolton were. I think it was more a case of them being bad, rather than us good.

motm - Petrov

I'm happy about the win but have no doubt we are playing absolute shite.

They say you can't polish a turd, which is true but you can always put glitter on it. Lerner must have run out of glitter because were just left with a dull turd.

I'll say Merry Christmas to you all now because Villa wise we will not have much to cheer about after this game.

Strange one because 1st half we actually played like Holland, even Dunne was on the wing at one stage

2nd half was like watching Billy McNeils Villa team, absolute garbage

Not sure what to make if it

I'm happy about the win but have no doubt we are playing absolute shite.

They say you can't polish a turd, which is true but you can always put glitter on it. Lerner must have run out of glitter because were just left with a dull turd.

I'll say Merry Christmas to you all now because Villa wise we will not have much to cheer about after this game.

Glitter! Of COURSE!!!

Wow. There I was, desperately down-in-the-dumps about the daily dull doo-doo dilemma, when the solution was staring me in the face. Thank you Villatalk, and thank YOU: Sean O.

Â