• N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Bent 81)

Ye he's got 5
What utter bullshit. Can't believe you can appeal bans for violent conduct but you can't appeal moronic yellows from refs who don't know what the **** they're doing.

I was going to ask if you can appeal a yellow, and now I know. Phil Dowd you utter cock knocker!

I could be wrong if the rules have been changed recently. I just remember Fergie complaining about the exact same thing a season or two back.

Now McLiesh needs to stick with the 4-4-2 against Arsenal and Liverpool. Hopefully doesn't bottle it and revert back to the shit we been served most of this season.

I wouldn't say this win proves the 4-4-2 is the right formation.

Arsenal will muller us, as they always do, if we play 4-4-2 because they will control the midfield. Need to see, IMO:

------------- Herd ------------

----------------Stan ----------

--------- Zog -----------------

Albie --------------------- Gab

------------- Bent ------------

We have hardly been bossing midfields when we have played 4-5-1 though. Actually having an outlet rather than a bank of seven or eight players behind the ball is exactly what we need.

Poor second half but there are two teams in every game (usually), so credit Bolton a bit for fighting back - they weren't going to roll over 2-0 down unless we got the third goal of the game.

Bent could've given us a comfortable lead but we had to settle for seeing it out in our usual fashion.

Finally a formation that the players seem to be OK in, even if it is the bog standard 442. Who would've thunk it.

Agree with Rev above, but actually having midfielders in midfield today helped us tremendously. Full backs can overlap for extra width if the winger is already pushing them deep on the flanks and it creates room in the centre for runs from midfield or our strikers to make some space for themselves - and actually getting the ball into the box finally.

Petrov seems a little more free to get forward knowing that Herd will be covering behind him.

The most important thing that the go-to option did not have to be a hoof from every position, even if we still look very fragile at least we've got some positivity to build off now.

If Zog comes into form it will be like the cliched "new signing". Any chance for Ireland to do anything or has that ship definitely sailed?

Well it wasn't pretty, we made it harder than it should have been.

But hey ho, we got the 3 points, so I'm going to get cosy by the fire with some red wine and mince pies and look forward to match of the day for the first time in ages

Why would he go? The service was there today. Lacking confidence that's all.

Agreed on that regarding Bent. Perhaps all these doom mongers would like to enlighten us as to where he is going

As for the game a much needed three points but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Bolton are shite and will probably go down. Just a couple of thoughts:

1) This is the side NRC went to when allegedly Champions league sides were in for him. Did he get more money? Like **** he did. Should have accepted what Villa offered him.

2) Owen Coyle, the choice as manager of quite a few Villa fans. Hmmmm....

To be fair, it was a yellow card Gabby, he stuck his foot in front of the keeper as he kicked it, it was a little pointless but he was going to pick it up at some point, I'd rather he be out for Liverpool where he's never really done too much than say Arsenal or say a not so good team where we have more chance of winning.

Much better.

Stan and Herd were superb in the middle. Zog and Marc got at their full backs and put in some decent balls. Gabby played well up top again, Bent was a bit disappointing and has to start putting his chances away. Think the back 5 played well. Hutton Did get beat a few times, but recovered well most of the time and didn't cost us. Think Dunne Collins were solid and happy they played it around more rather than go long. Really impressed with Warnock. :thumb:

Only seen the goals on an iphone screen so far, and read the reports.

There were some people this morning saying they hoped Villa would lose because that would accelerate McLeish's departure. I was shocked by that - all I can say to them is, ha ha, you must be feeling a bit sore now. There is a big flaw in any logic that leads you to WANT your team to lose. I always want them to win and I feel a whole lot better about Villa this evening than I have for some weeks.

The only other thing to say at this stage is, well done agent Cahill - your helpful deflection for the 2nd goal probably finished Bolton off. He always seems to play gash against us. Hope Coyle doesn't get too suspicious.

Well done Villa*, onwards and upwards! :flag:

(*Marc A especially)

There were some people this morning saying they hoped Villa would lose because that would accelerate McLeish's departure.

WM interviewed some who were at the game and wanted Villa to lose. It's hard to believe.

On my way home now.good three points, wouldve been better if mcleish didn't tell the to sit back at ht and if darren bent put his chances away, no excuses today daz I'm afraid...the service was there.

Motm toss up between marc and stan but I went for marc because he was tireless second half.

$hutton is still shit. Warnock and dunne were great. Collins still hoofed too much,get clark in please. A better sode would have. Put the (few) chances bolton had away.

Dowd is a word removed,was never a boioking for gabby, which means we wilkl probs see heskey up top next week :( I want weimann and bent to start, playing. With tingers proved to work today (even if they can't take corners).

Â