Movies of the Year 2011

Designer1

So many films I haven't gotten round to seeing yet. :|

Submarine

But...but...you...Ayoade...Oh my GOD!

:D

No no, that was two seperate points; The films I listed are my picks for the year, but I was lamenting that I hadn't watched the likes of Drive, Cedar Rapids et cetera yet. :)

So many films I haven't gotten round to seeing yet. :|

Submarine

But...but...you...Ayoade...Oh my GOD!

:D

No no, that was two seperate points; The films I listed are my picks for the year, but I was lamenting that I hadn't watched the likes of Drive, Cedar Rapids et cetera yet. :)

Ah, you see that makes sense. I did a sizeable double take when I read your original post. :mrgreen:

'The King's Speech', 'Black Swan' and 'True Grit' were all last year aswell so stop cheating people! :D

well they were on cinemas this year when I watched them in january / feb so pfft! I can say this for certain as I watched them all in the aftermath of my break up which was the beg of Jan! :P

realised I forgot The Inbetweeners - was definitely very funny at the time, but felt more like a long episode than a film

Saw ROTPOTA too now i remember, enjoyed that one as well - quite a few good films this year!

I'd go for Drive.

Honourary mention for most disappointingly awful: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

'Drive' really was sex on a screen, and that was just Gosling...

Seriously though, most of the shots in it were fantastic and the soundtrack was great.

If I had to choose one film then this would probably be it, although it would be close with 'Win Win'.

'The King's Speech', 'Black Swan' and 'True Grit' were all last year aswell so stop cheating people! :D

Released January 7th 2011, 21st January 2011 and 11th February 2011 respectively.

So no, they weren't.

Actually, they were...

Those dates you have stated are UK release dates. Despite the fact that I also live in England, that doesn't determine when a film was made or initially released. All of those films were made and first released in 2010, therefore making them films from 2010.

Not that it matters as most people on here didn't see them until 2011. I was just stating that they are actually 2010 films.

Released January 7th 2011, 21st January 2011 and 11th February 2011 respectively.

So no, they weren't.

Actually, they were...

Those dates you have stated are UK release dates. Despite the fact that I also live in England, that doesn't determine when a film was made or initially released. All of those films were made and first released in 2010, therefore making them films from 2010.

Not that it matters as most people on here didn't see them until 2011. I was just stating that they are actually 2010 films.

That's just daft.

So they should have been on people's 2010 lists then?

Assuming you enjoyed it, I presume that Tree Of Life will be appearing on your best films of 2008* list?

*the year it was filmed

So far this year I have seen

Limitless

Battle LA

Source Code

The Hangover 2

Xmen

Transformers

Horrible Bosses

Captain America

Attack The Block

Planet Of The Apes

Moneyball

I thought Limtless was very good, something new and different. Horrible Bosses was very entertaining. I prefer longer movies with action, they all kinda merge into one.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Moneyball

50/50

King's Speech

Drive

.... are the five that immediately spring to mind that were particularly enjoyable. Still listening to tunes from the 'Drive' soundtrack pretty much on a daily basis.

In the order I have seen them....

Animal Kingdom

True Grit

Senna

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

Snowtown

Two aussie films in there which is fairly interesting to me. To be honest I'm fairly lucky in that there's a fantastic indie cinema just ten minute down the walk from me. It only has one screen and it mostly only plays good films. I rarely venture out to the multiplex these days and when I do it usually ends up in a disaster like Insidious. This year has also mostly been a year in which I have caught up on some oldies. My film of the year is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!

Â