Your Favourite Xmas Song

Paddywhack

My favourite is Eltons Step into Christmas but here are some contenders. The first I jokingly argued with the band Low that it wasnt a Christmas song, on balance I was wrong.

A band I count as friends, Hefner, doing a version of Mud's Lonely This Christmas.

Johnny Preston doing this absolute banger, Rock and Roll Guitar.

Everythings gonna be cool this christmas by Eels.

then of course Fountains of Wayne.

Then Kelly Clarkson, I am not obsessed with Kelly Clarkson but Im also not obsessed.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

The whole of A Los Campesnos! Christmas EP, particulaly:

And bonus points for the usual LC! football references in this one:

Moving on to a bit of pop, this lesser known Girls Aloud gem:

And this underappreciated modern classic, Bieber's finest work:

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Then Kelly Clarkson, I am not obsessed with Kelly Clarkson but Im also not obsessed.

Yep, have to agree, first time I heard it I thought "this will become a classic". One of the most christmassy modern era songs in a very long time. Love it! 

• Like 1

I remember getting that carter single. It was from the days when bands would give out freebies at gigs. The old town and country club if memory serves, they gave the audience a copy of that single. I also have singles by Frank and Walters and The Divine Comedy that were given away free at gigs. Christmas Shoppers paradise was way too good not to have a wider audience so it appeared on 30 something as Shoppers Paradise.  

Â