Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

hercs23

A loss here, and we're well and truly f*cked , given who we have yet to play this month.

Sadly, I expect to lose this.

But in a roundabout way, it could be a good thing, in terms of nudging Lerner closer to sacking McGash, knowing that we're gonna get destroyed by Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc.

parisvilla's pre-match preview:

- gary cahill hat trick.

- hutton right wing and cuellar right back with herd as auxiliary right back to counter the attacking threat posed by paul robinson.

- bent employed as target man and many long balls pumped in his direction up against 6'6 zat knight

- heskey as third centre back / anchor man to neutralise kevin davies' aerial prowess

- andy marshall employed as the link between midfield and bent

parisvilla's pre-match preview:

- gary cahill hat trick.

- hutton right wing and cuellar right back with herd as auxiliary right back to counter the attacking threat posed by paul robinson.

- bent employed as target man and many long balls pumped in his direction up against 6'6 zat knight

- heskey as third centre back / anchor man to neutralise kevin davies' aerial prowess

- andy marshall employed as the link between midfield and bent

I for one can't wait!

:lol:

Difficult to imagine who'll play in this one. We didnt do anything to justify leaving Heskey out of the team last Saturday, so I fear he'll be back into the side at the expense of Jenas. Albrighton will almost certainly (and rightly) drop back out. Would therefore expect the team to resemble something like this:

Guzan

Hutton Colllins Dunne Warnock

Petrov Heskey Herd

NZogbia Bent Agbonlahor

'Shillzz' that team if he chooses it has relegation written all over it.

As i predicted some time ago we are already starting to slide down the table and another loss against Bolton won't exactly help.

It's not the team I'd pick, but it's the team I think McLeish will pick. He'll want to get Heskey back into the side to help defend against Davies and co from set pieces.

Personally, Like Stevo, I'd have Bannan in for Heskey atleast. BUT, Heskey actually did OK against United so it'll be difficult for McLeish to leave him out.

didn't McCleish say that he would drop defenders if we keep letting in stupid goals, in which case how the **** is Collins and Hutton still in the team?

we should play:

Guzan

Cuellar Clark Dunne Warnock

Ireland Petrov Bannan

Zog Bent Gabby

Clark won't hoof it, Cuellar can defend and Ireland might actually keep possesion longer than 3 seconds.

the team we will lose with will be

Guzan

Hutton Elmer Fudd Dunne Warnock

Heskey Petrov Herd

Zog Bent Gabby

goodbye 3 points

------------Guzan---------------

Cuellar Clark Dunne Warnock

------Herd--------Petrov--------

Zog------Bannan--------Gabby

------------Bent-----------------

Hutton out. Collins out. Heskey out.

Cuellar in at RB to aid in the box at corners against Davies etc.

Gabby should not be up top because if he is Zat Knight will do what he did at their place last season and foul him repeatedly.

We should win this. Who knows with this manager though.

Normally really look forward to away days but I can't raise myself as much for this one given the woeful ineptitude of the last three games.

I would go all out attack on this one. Bolton are quite crap and we can certainly afford it.

Cuellar...Dunne...Clarke...Warnock

.....................Petrov.........................

...........Bannan......Ireland................

N'Zogbia........Bent..........Gabby.....

Guzan

Hutton Cuellar Clark Warnock

Delph Herd Petrov

Ireland

Agbonlahor Bent

That would be my team.... I think this is what McLeish will put out though.....

Guzan

Hutton Collins Dunne Warnock

Petrov Herd

Agbonlahor Heskey N'Zogbia

Bent

We really are poor :/

Difficult to imagine who'll play in this one. We didnt do anything to justify leaving Heskey out of the team last Saturday, so I fear he'll be back into the side at the expense of Jenas. Albrighton will almost certainly (and rightly) drop back out. Would therefore expect the team to resemble something like this:

Guzan

Hutton Colllins Dunne Warnock

Petrov Heskey Herd

NZogbia Bent Agbonlahor

'Shillzz' that team if he chooses it has relegation written all over it.

As i predicted some time ago we are already starting to slide down the table and another loss against Bolton won't exactly help.

It's not the team I'd pick, but it's the team I think McLeish will pick. He'll want to get Heskey back into the side to help defend against Davies and co from set pieces.

Personally, Like Stevo, I'd have Bannan in for Heskey atleast. BUT, Heskey actually did OK against United so it'll be difficult for McLeish to leave him out.

Ok mate got you now. Whatever way you look at it unless we get a new manager in then our winter of discontent will continue until Randy does the right thing.

one thing about mccleish he seems to get bogged down in tactics and team discipline. he seems to drain the fun out of it. he's not been helped by the poor displays of the team but they need a spark

i'd play this

guzan

hutton clark dunne warnock

bannan petrov herd

nzogbia

agbonlahor bent

if nzogbia rubbish take him off and put ivanhoe on or give albrighton another shot....