Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

hercs23

Well once again im saying its a must win game. The team he picked against man u was right i believe but he will now have to change jenas for petrov.

If we dont get anything out of this with a decent performance there will be some serious fan unrest come the next home game.

Bolton have lost 5 of their last 6 matches, the one exception being a freakish 5-0 over Stoke.

We should also note the positive that Sunderland and Norwich both got their only away win at Bolton. Indeed Bolton have lost 6 out of their 7 home games, which is woeful. So perhaps it can be our one away win too! Certainly there should be nothing to fear in this fixture & I imagine the natives there are as restless as us.

Meh, well that's my attempt at positivity. I think it'll be Petrov, Delph + N'Zogbia in for Jenas, Herd + Albrighton, and I think that should make for a better midfield.

There's nothing to say about this that hasn't been said already, really. This game's vital. I'm hoping for a similar line up as against Man U and maybe just a little bit of fight and spirit please. Lose this and things are going to start getting pretty ugly come the new year.

Despite that, with the upcoming fixtures in mind, perhaps we shouldn't write off December's fixtures just yet. I know that sounds laughable right now, but I recall similar doom and gloom last year when Arsenal and Plop were up next and we pulled two wins out the bag!

Same again please, lads

:|

I'll get my coat

If we win this game and Stoke then December in the grand scheme of things will be alright.

the issues is if we don't get 6 from this and Stoke, we need to make the difference up against one of the other sides.

at the moment does anyone see that the way we are playing at the moment?

I don't.

We need to close people down a lot earlier, have more pressure beyond the half way line and work to give gabby more space to run into some nice passes from Bannan etc.

Our key as it always has been is giving gabby space to run into balls on the GROUND and then have people like Young, Albrighton with pace to get into the areas to try and cause a problem.

Despite that, with the upcoming fixtures in mind, perhaps we shouldn't write off December's fixtures just yet. I know that sounds laughable right now, but I recall similar doom and gloom last year when Arsenal and Plop were up next and we pulled two wins out the bag!t
I thought that too, but after watching the Man U debacle I've concluded that under McLeish we WILL surrender to every one of the big teams, both home and away. Last year we seemed to try against most of the big teams (with a couple of exceptions which were the complete opposite) this time we're laying down and submitting EVERY time. Unless McLeish goes I can't see that changing.