Bristol Rovers Away FA Cup

philgetaway

Might go to this, does anyone know when it will be announced if it's on TV or not? Because I need to book travel down asap to keep it cheap ish.

Can answer my own question... last year the tv ties were announced the thursday after the draw

I have a feeling we're going to get an easy run and get to Wembley, giving a good excuse to sweep our problems under the carpet by those who need to.

Out of interest and purely hypothetical, would anybody take 17th for an F.A Cup win? Relegation for an F.A Cup win?

I have a feeling we're going to get an easy run and get to Wembley, giving a good excuse to sweep our problems under the carpet by those who need to.

Out of interest and purely hypothetical, would anybody take 17th for an F.A Cup win? Relegation for an F.A Cup win?

I'd definately take 17th because we are not going to have any impact on the league anyway. Relegation, no way. Maybe back in the days when reliance on Prem TV money wasn't so high.

anyone been there before and know where to drink?

The ground is at the top of Gloucester Road, about 4 miles from the main train station in Bristol. There are pubs all up Glos Rd and its a really good atmosphere...depending on the time of the kick off you could easily do a little pub crawl from the centre of town up to the ground. The main 2 footy pubs are the Sportsman and the Anchor, but they will be full of Gas Heads.

ive been a few times to watch the rovers and my mate has given me his season ticket (home end as he's on hols) so im going but the wrong end at this rate. quirky ground, good atmosphere when they can ber arsed turning up - the gas heads as they're known took 40000 to the play off final a few years ago but average about 6000. away end is behind goal then a random open terrace by the corner flag for another few hundred id say.

lots of boozers on the route from city centre to the ground via gloucester road - got to give the cider a go!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody remember the last time we played them in the FA Cup?

I've checked and it was in January 1993. I went to the home game, a 1 - 1 draw, and remember it well due to there being 3 Rovers fans sat in the row in front of us in the Lower Trinity. I was 8 and it was the first time I'd heard the Bristol accent. The one guy kept screaming, "COME ON ROVERS, THEY'RE CRAAAAAAP". We went ahead and then they equalised and these guys went mental....in the home section. The guy who'd been screaming all game long turned round and literally screamed in my face. I was 8!!! My Dad didn't react and I'm not sure I could have (not) done the same if it was my kid.

Anyway, I hope we smash them for this reason alone.

(We won the replay 3 - 0 at their place that year).

Â