Advice! The best way to get to Paris?

Rob182

So!

Being a smashing boyfriend, I bought Me and My girlfriend a trip to Paris for christmas.

Are there any experienced travellers who can tell Me the best (and cheapest!) ways to get there and back?

The flights I've looked at are roughly around £85 per person.

Is the train a better method? (Getting the train from Birmingham to London then the Eurostar to Paris?)

Help!

Eurostar has the advantage of getting you straight to the centre of Paris. Paris airports are all on the outskirts so don't forget to factor in time / cost of getting to / from airport. Cheapest uk carrier to Paris is usually easyjet

A lot of the travel agents do cheap package deals to Paris.

For me flights are the best way even if you have to spend a few quid more. Id rather the extra day there than on a train.

I would ALWAYS go Eurostar. Comfy reliable and different.

Probably faster than flying as well. In terms of costs, if you fly you have got to get to the airport, park, get from airport to hotel so the costs add up. Eurostar takes you bang into the middle of Ghey Paris.

Personally think the train is far more romantic as well. And this needs consideration if you intend to use your "smashing boyfriend" status to do some smashing if your own.

I'm biased though, I use Eurostar a lot and live 10mins from Ashford International so its a doddle for me.

The Eurostar is actually better for Belgium as you cannot fly into BRU or Antwerp very easily from regional airports.

Eurostar if you get a good deal can be £59pp return so worth looking at.

Also you could do what I've done before and have one night and

Day in London before going.

I'm biased though, I use Eurostar a lot and live 10mins from Ashford International so its a doddle for me.

That there is a good point! I live about 2 minutes from b'ham airport so am slightly bias too.

I'd always go with the Eurostar but then I live in London so it's a bit easier.

Still, you can take a bottle of champagne on the train (no messing about with small bags of liquids) and pack a a picnic. Also, you can walk up and down the train or hang out in the food car, the windows are big and there is something to look at the whole way.

All in all much more pleasant then a plane.

Was in Paris last week for work ... Went on Eurostar ( for the first time) and would echo what others have said

Only thing would be you start point , if you are in Brum then by the time you've got down to Euston and flaffed around then it may well be quicker to fly from birmingham ? 1 hr 20 to Euston and then Eurostar is about 2 hrs

Â