Lerner - Yes / No / Unsure

Richard

Lerner - Yes, No or Unsure  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Lerner - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - Pro Lerner
    • No - Time for change
    • Unsure - Still need more time

I chose "unsure" as my mind is yet to be made up.

On the good side he has raised the standard of the infrastructure around the ground and bought in some nice touches, like the Holte Pub etc. He looks like a pretty decent guy too, being a philanthropist and all. You cannot doubt he's made money available to try to achieve a target and also made money available when we were in trouble.

However, on the bad side I just dont think he's cut out to be the custodian of this club. Its mainly in the company he keeps more than him as an individual. Paul Faulkner is totally out of his depth and the last two appointments for manager have been woeful, although McLeish could still redeem himself (its lookly unlikely however).

Perhaps he is just making the club bide its time until he can finance another push on the top 4 (by which time McLeish's services will be no longer necessary!). That's all that is keeping me hoping at the moment!

the last two appointments for manager have been woeful, although McLeish could still redeem himself (its lookly unlikely however).

The ONLY two appointments. Don't forget it was Deadly that appointed O'Neill.

Randy has to go. But for me, and to ensure we are as attractive as possible, we need to ensure that we are still a premiership club. For that to happen the priority must be for Mcleish to leave and for Randy to follow very quickly.

I am looking for a similar moment to when Ellis left.

I chose "unsure" as my mind is yet to be made up.

On the good side he has raised the standard of the infrastructure around the ground and bought in some nice touches, like the Holte Pub etc. He looks like a pretty decent guy too, being a philanthropist and all. You cannot doubt he's made money available to try to achieve a target and also made money available when we were in trouble.

However, on the bad side I just dont think he's cut out to be the custodian of this club. Its mainly in the company he keeps more than him as an individual. Paul Faulkner is totally out of his depth and the last two appointments for manager have been woeful, although McLeish could still redeem himself (its lookly unlikely however).

Perhaps he is just making the club bide its time until he can finance another push on the top 4 (by which time McLeish's services will be no longer necessary!). That's all that is keeping me hoping at the moment!

I think that is a very well balanced post.His decision making and the people he surrounds himself with.... worry me.

the last two appointments for manager have been woeful, although McLeish could still redeem himself (its lookly unlikely however).

Sorry to go over ancient history but I was lead to believe that MON came in as he knew Lerner was taking over the club imminently and there would be money available for players. Ellis just happened to be there at the time. I doubt MON would have come in 2005 with no takeover on the horizon.

Sorry to go over ancient history but I was lead to believe that MON came in as he knew Lerner was taking over the club imminently and there would be money available for players. Ellis just happened to be there at the time. I doubt MON would have come in 2005 with no takeover on the horizon.

For sure. But my point is that MON was not Lerner's choice - as far as I'm aware it was Doug that picked him for the job.

Â