Lerner - Yes / No / Unsure

Richard

Lerner - Yes, No or Unsure  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Lerner - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - Pro Lerner
    • No - Time for change
    • Unsure - Still need more time

Plus he gets every penny back that he has put into the club + more.

Not such the golden owner, eh?

Coulda sworn AVFC was bought as a business, not a charity.

Yes, an unusual type of business - but a business nonetheless. And a private one at that.

Sorry but for me the mere fact that Lerner is not Ellis is not good enough. I still get the impression that some people back him just because he came along and rid us of the dark lord

This is very true - but who else would you like us to compare to? If you like Lerner, you can compare him to Glazer. If you don't, then Abramovich. Neither of those are comparing apples to apples, but since Doug actually owned this club it's as close as we are going to get.

At the same time, you cannot conclude that people support Lerner *only* because he is better than Doug.

Neither does his mistake in appointing McLeish automatically make him a bad owner. He just took bad advice. What determines whether he is a good owner or not is whether he learns from it. Time will tell....

... but I believe he will by either sacking or backing the manager.

It was clear when Houllier was appointed they had no footballing people on the board and so they ran to Graham Taylor for advice.

This time round they ran and asked Fergie for a letter of recommendation.

Any decent owner has people on the board that know about football. You never read about any other club asking for the advice on managerial appointments from SAF, or any other manager for that matter.

I wonder how the Manure / Spurs performances fit into the "Proud History, Bright future"

If this is Bright, what's dark then ? All see is black, cold and dark.

Black here....

Dark, very dark thoughts here.

Dark and cold here...

Not very bright here, could not give a albino mouse a mild sun tan to be honest.

I am unsure. I think at times he has shown himself to be inept and somewhat embarrassing. At other times he has been superb.

sadly, the 'good things' were all at the start of his regime, and the 'bad things' have taken obver during the last couple of years.

I do question whether he, and those he has employed, know what they are doing.

Think you will find we dropped that slogan a fair while ago, would be interested to see what their new one is.

Proud history...Ooh look, a squirrel.

:lol: That gave me a genuine lol. :D Harsh, but funny. :nod:

Think you will find we dropped that slogan a fair while ago, would be interested to see what their new one is.

Proud history...Ooh look, a squirrel.

I think we will find the last 3 games are part of our history also.

No Slogan, just a picture of a squirrel eating a nut whilst suddenly wondering if he left the gas on. (E.Izzard)

I am unsure. I think at times he has shown himself to be inept and somewhat embarrassing. At other times he has been superb.

sadly, the 'good things' were all at the start of his regime, and the 'bad things' have taken obver during the last couple of years.

ie the good was when MON was here and the bad since MON has gone

It still contains the words Proud History, they have just shifted them to the end of the slogan

"All we have got is a proud history"

ie the good was when MON was here and the bad since MON has gone

Results wise, of course.

But then it's quite clear MON "buggered off" once he realised Lerner had not only closed the chequebook, but was keen to see if he could cancel some of those cheques before they had been cashed.

Comparing the MON regime to the Hou or Eck ones would just be complete nosense IMO, results wise, as they have simply had nowhere near the resources MON had.

In fact, in terms of resources, it goes:

MON >>>> HOU >>>> ECK

so in theory, all things being equal, Eck should achieve a lower finish than either of his predecessors.

I still can't believe he appointed the only person on the planet that could have caused so much instability.

and thats the crux if the problem... he painted a target on himself by doing it.

Pretty much this. I think AM was the worst possible appointment for so many reasons and still he got the job. Quite incredible.

I was extremely happy with Randy right up until his search for GH's replacement.

Loved some of his gestures such as the flags etc and he backed MON yr on yr. I thought GH was an understandable appointment even if things didnt work out. I wasnt convinced that Martinez would be the right man for the job and was relieved that it didnt work out. I didnt believe the rumours that AM was up for the job, the media had no idea who we wanted and report after report linked us with managers that were never on our radar and I thought it was just the same with AM.

I was a whole load of emotions when it was clear AM was going to be our manager and none of them positive. The statement from the club was terrible, just full of hot air. Randy had appointed the one manager that he knew the fans would not approve of and then gave no real hard reasons as to why AM was the outstanding choice which I assume he must have been for Randy to appoint him given he had come from Blues. I would have almost put my mortgage on it that AM would have a good amount of money to spend on players especially when we lost Young and Downing to ensure that Randys decision was proved the correct one.

I hope that Randy comes to his senses and has the strength to either back AM in the window (which is our only hope under AM I think) or let him go. If he lets him go and brings in a manager that can help us progress and backs him then this could just be a blip on an otherwise fantastic reign as chairman of Villa.

Â