Lerner - Yes / No / Unsure

Richard

Lerner - Yes, No or Unsure  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Lerner - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - Pro Lerner
    • No - Time for change
    • Unsure - Still need more time

Id rather see him stay and keep a bloke like Mcleish than sell our club and inevitably our soul to the arab, chinese, whoever.

They'll bring millions, but they will sell us out.

The fans will be priced out, the stadium will be renamed and we'll sign the likes of adebayor and tevez. A change of owner might well be the end for me and villa.

I wouldn't be against this happening. I don't see the logic behind those people that say they wouldn't want a rich foreign owner. Why not buy success? Everyone else is doing it.

If we don't then we'll just get left behind, as we currently are anyway. What's the point in playing for nothing? Currently we are doing exactly this...

look at Man City being destroyed, some of the best players in the world, champions league football, future kings of England, amazing new youth campus being set up etc.....clearly ruining that club. :shock:

NFL watcher for almost 20 years, watched the Browns since they've been owned by Lerner. Where were they 10 years ago when Lerner took over? Bottom. Last season? Bottom. This year? Bottom. They're one of the few teams to achieve almost nothing over an entire decade.

Lerner is a nice bloke but doesn't have a clue about running a sports franchise.

Spot on. He just isn't very good at it.

can someone tell me what faulkner has done?

Being part of the problem. Thinking we can appoint any manager and get results, thinking we can compete whilst selling off assets, setting unreasonable goals, putting pressure on the whole club, ignoring fans.

I'm in the unsure camp at the moment.

He's had more pluses than minuses over his ownership but he needs to sort the problems we have very soon. With the manager we have we are heading towards disaster and I'm not sure he can see that which I find very worrying.

Still a Yes for me.

He put a fair whack of money into the club, backed MON with new signings in the hope that success on the pitch would unearth more support and therefore more income. When that didn't come, he had to re-assess the situation and decided that Villa had to live within its means (particularly with the financial fair play rules in the offing).

I'm not happy about our current position but I can see a plan. It's not necessarily a plan I like but I can see what he's trying to do in the long-term and I'm still on-board. I know I'll be in the minority here but I'm still still supporting Randy, even if some here will immediately accuse me of being blind.

Still a Yes for me.

He put a fair whack of money into the club, backed MON with new signings in the hope that success on the pitch would unearth more support and therefore more income. When that didn't come, he had to re-assess the situation and decided that Villa had to live within its means (particularly with the financial fair play rules in the offing).

I'm not happy about our current position but I can see a plan. It's not necessarily a plan I like but I can see what he's trying to do in the long-term and I'm still on-board. I know I'll be in the minority here but I'm still still supporting Randy, even if some here will immediately accuse me of being blind.

You are blind. This isn't a "plan", it's emergency austerity measures similar to what the country as a whole is going through.

I think Lerner needs help, someone in the board room with a football mind instead of a load of business men and number crunchers. I still like Lerner and think he's still a great chairman, but he needs to get someone in to advise him on football issues.

Out.

Not convinced of the money he has actually SPENT, rather than LENT or will recouperate. If his only ambition is to balance the books I could do that.

In every other aspect we are now failing massively - which I think began when he stopped backing MON - and the bright spots of his ownership are long ago.

It is Today and the Future that matter, and after 5 plus years of him we are going backwards - no earthly reason to want him to stay.

A shame, because I loved him at first, but the Club comes first and we are becoming a laughing stock.

Id rather see him stay and keep a bloke like Mcleish than sell our club and inevitably our soul to the arab, chinese, whoever.They'll bring millions, but they will sell us out.

The fans will be priced out, the stadium will be renamed and we'll sign the likes of adebayor and tevez. A change of owner might well be the end for me and villa.

It doesn't have to be Lerner or that. there are many much smaller Clubs up and down the Country, in all Leagues, being run well, with better Managers, bettter football, more apparent ambition. Some money would help but we don't need to go the whole way. having said that with Footy as it is we may as well anyway !

We need more than a book balancer.

If he sold it tomorrow, he would'nt get all his money back.Full stop.

Citeeeeeh have changed the landscape.Them and Ure are definates for the top4.So we have to compete with Lplop, Arse, Chelsk and Spuds, and with all the will in the world, we don't generate the income they do, hence i believe the change of direction.

You go back 3 years ago, there was no Citeeeeh, and no Spuds, that was our chance when MON was in charge, and we did'nt manage it.I don't blame him for reigning the funds in, we went for it, we did'nt do it, change of direction needed.A definate Yes for me.

We are Aston Villa. Still one of the top half dozen clubs in this country. Our past reputation alone should ensure we can attract a good manager. Therefore it is a **** up of monumental proportions that has landed us with McLeish.

Perhaps that's the problem markavfc, we're not as bigger club as us fans like to think.

Lerner has had to appointment two managers. Let me describe the club he was selling to perspective managers:

A club with one of the richest histories in English football and the 4th most successful. A club that had recently re established itself as one of the top 6 clubs in the country. A club with a large, passionate fan base and that between 2007 and 2010 had average crowds of in and around 40,000. A club with a fantastic stadium. A club with one of the best training grounds in the country. A club with an excellent youth set up.

Aside from Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and now Man City you won't find a more attractive club to manage. It was and is a club that needs very little selling, if any, to perspective managers. It is therefore, as I said previously, a **** up of monumental proportions that sees us now saddled with McLeish.

Still Yes from me.

He's made some bad mistakes. He is more or less clueless when it comes to football and managers. He is bunkering down now due to the global financial situation - so the original CL plan is out the window.

So why still back him? I don't believe there is a sugar daddy out there. I believe Lerner does actually learn from his mistakes and, at the very least, he has finished the training grounds and has a proper management structure in place.

He's far from perfect - but he's still better than our previous owner.

I believe Lerner does actually learn from his mistakes and, at the very least, he has finished the training grounds and has a proper management structure in place.

How can you say that when immediately after the appalling Houllier left, we had an absolute farcical search for a new boss which ended with us appointing just about the worst choice for a manager there was, and one that we had to stump up compensation for!

As for proper management structure, he doesn't have that, either in the boardroom or on the pitch. We're a shambles from top to bottom.

Time for a change.

When he first came in he had a passion, a desire and an ambition to move us forward and he seemed to want to get involved (albeit through his henchmen) with the supporters.

Now he is like Lord Lucan and so is his General and there no longer seems to be any passion, desire or ambition to move us forward.

It's like we were a new toy to play with and he wanted to play with us all the time but now we are an old toy that he has grown bored with and he has got other things to amuse him.

I think Lerner needs help, someone in the board room with a football mind instead of a load of business men and number crunchers. I still like Lerner and think he's still a great chairman, but he needs to get someone in to advise him on football issues.

This for me. Get rid of Faulkner and get someone with knowledge of the game of football in.

And then there's always a risk in getting a new owner in. There's every risk that it'll get worse than it already is.

I believe Lerner does actually learn from his mistakes and, at the very least, he has finished the training grounds and has a proper management structure in place.

How can you say that when immediately after the appalling Houllier left, we had an absolute farcical search for a new boss which ended with us appointing just about the worst choice for a manager there was, and one that we had to stump up compensation for!

As for proper management structure, he doesn't have that, either in the boardroom or on the pitch. We're a shambles from top to bottom.

Because I believe the Houllier signing was a good one. At least you could see that he was trying to play proper football.

So out of 3 managers, he did alright with 2. He made a mistake with this one.

As for the management structure - it's better than what we used to have under our former owner.

Because I believe the Houllier signing was a good one. At least you could see that he was trying to play proper football.

So out of 3 managers, he did alright with 2. He made a mistake with this one.

As for the management structure - it's better than what we used to have under our former owner.

And this.

Voted "unsure", but I agree with Pelle. Getting a new owner is not like getting a new centre-forward or a new manager. In this case, probably better the devil you know.

He doesn't have the financial clout of City's lot, but he's still light years ahead of Elllis, and I believe his heart's in the right place. He needs a good football man to advise him. Faulkner (and McLeish) out, definitely.

Â