Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

We'll just have to differ on this one.

Agreed. I certainly respect your take on things, I just think a little patience is required. It all seems very instant gratification these days; people developing itchy trigger fingers before a full third of the season has been got through. Abramovich at Chelski is hardly setting a good example, and Sky Sports News and the like don't help, either. They're all for putting the spotlight on an 'under performing' manager and playing on fans' insecurities. They're shameless!

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got some tough games coming up and I can't see us getting anything from them.

We have 2 tatics

1)Lump it forward for a knock down

2)Use Gabbys pace to beat a full back and cross

Easily nulified and we are left looking clueless.Much was made of this being out biggest attendance of the season on ESPN but what wasn't mentioned was the ticket price cutting to get people in and after tonights game I highly doubt that will be enough to attract people to Arsenal or Liverpool.

Lerner and Faulkner can give us all the PR crap they want but dropping gates ,uninspired performances ,negative fan reaction and media criticism is going to force thier hand and deal with the consequences of ignoring the fans right from the start who have proved to be 100% right in what the outcome of appointing AMC would be.

It's not an instant gratification thing. The guy has a 26.8 win percentage in the premier league, we will be lucky to win 10 games a season under this fool. 3 win in 14 us pitterful, we've had 3 games I wouldn't expect anything out of. He shouldn't have been given the job, taken the job and should have the chance to get us relegated either.

Below are just a few comments from other fans about this great club....

"I really would hate for McLeish to be our manager, with him as manager you have to question whats the point of watching football when your happy to serve up s**** like this on a weekly basis"

"This is the third Villa game in a row I've watched and they've been appalling every single week. No passing game,no plan going forward,absolutely nothing about them"

"Uninspiring squad, uninspiring manager"

"McLeish playing Heskey in the hole. LOL"

"Can't believe I've actually just turned this game on. Villa are so f***ing boring."

I want him out so i can actually start wearing my villa shirt out in public again...cant remember the last time i did that

Anyone SERIOUSLY think he'll be gone before the end of the season? I dont. I truly suspect Lerner will stick with him

I think we are pretty much stuck with him as well.

We've needlessly made a rod for our own backs in appointing him .

3 year contract ....deary me

I suspect the club will stubbornly support "their man" no matter how bad things get.

The appointment was ridiculous and unfortunately like vast majority predicted its pretty awful stuff we are having to endure.

Granted flogging all our players in summer didn't exactly help McLeish but think he is the most limited manager in the Premiership and was always going to be a regressive appointment.

God knows what drugs our board were on at the time.

Anyone SERIOUSLY think he'll be gone before the end of the season? I dont. I truly suspect Lerner will stick with him

Nope, I said before Lerner will be stubborn and stick with it to prove a point, he see's the fans as the ones who got GH our and stopped the possible appointment of McLaren, he'll want to make sure he doesn't let the fans win again. We are of course, simple men of the terracex.

convenient heart trouble
"Convenient" heart trouble? Wtf!? :| Whatever your opinions on the man were I think it's a bit low to call a potential life threatening heart scare as "convenient". Even when looking at Aston Villa, it was anything but convenient. It was Houllier's departure which led to McLeish's appointment.

Anyway, I want him gone. I'm aware that my attitude towards McLeish is quite different than it was towards Houllier and there's a very good reason for that. Last season, we were inconsistent in that we'd put in a heroic performance and then straight after that do the opposite, then put in another excellent performance a few weeks down the line etc etc. This season we've achieved consistency - we're now always poor. It's just a question of how poor. McLeish is so negative it's unbelievable. He's the worst manager in the league.

Also, I liked some of what Houllier was doing with regards to playing style. McLeish's style however is just hoof hoof hoof and it's not working.

said it before and ill say it again now...the root of most people's hate is cause of where he has come from. let give you a for instance:

we make the same transfers as we have done, played the same line ups in games, same style of play, and same results...but paul mcgrath is our manager. who on here can HONESTLY say that they would be calling for his head with the same venom that you are calling for mcleish's?

said it before and ill say it again now...the root of most people's hate is cause of where he has come from. let give you a for instance:

we make the same transfers as we have done, played the same line ups in games, same style of play, and same results...but paul mcgrath is our manager. who on here can HONESTLY say that they would be calling for his head with the same venom that you are calling for mcleish's?

No it's not. If you'll look back most people on here (myself included) were giving him a chance. However, he sets the team up so negatively that it's only a matter of time before people get on his back.

I'm normally the kind of guy who calls for time for new managers, but Mcleish, whereas he comes across as a nice guy and I even thought so when he managed Blues, I just don't think he's the right manager for our club. I have rspect for him for making the tricky switch, even if you say that it wasn't difficult since he was managing a club in the Premier League again and getting more money, it's still a lot to put up with and a lot of pressure.

But that being said, I voted no. I wasn't happy with the appointment and I think we need someone with a completely different style, but what do I know, I was quite happy to give Houllier time too.

But who else is there that we could get? I personally think Mcleish was the only decent manager we could get when Houllier was shown the door. Nobody else of merit wanted the job due to all the restrictions, slashing the wage bill, getting rid of our best players and then having no money to do much business in the transfer window. So for that, I respect Mcleish for taking on a big job.

But no, we need someone else, and we need our Chairman to back him big style.

McLeish has previous experience he isn't a novice or learning his trade.

His Birmingham side was perhaps the most boring team ever in the Premiership side. His "premiership experience" is of relegations.

Completely negative no plan B.

You do realise Blues only lost ONE more game than we did last season . Wolves lost FIVE more games than they did but Blues went down.

He doesnt know how to win games.

We are seeing the same turd football again at Villa. It is carbon copy.

3 wins so far this season?

That is unacceptable.

Ask any Bluenose fan what the actual football was like under him. They will tell you .

He has no record with developing youth , his Premiership experience is rubbish and his sides play god awful antifootball.

Have you not been watching us this season?

Playing Heskey and Hutton in midfield? Fielding 6 defenders ? Reluctance to use subs ? Isolation of Bent?

Winning 3 games??

He is shite.

Possibly the worse manager in Premiership and certainly the most negative.

Absolutely I can 100%. For gods sake I don't care who is the manager or where he has come from as long as we see the side going forward. The bloke hasn't a clue what he is doing.

Nope, I said before Lerner will be stubborn and stick with it to prove a point, he see's the fans as the ones who got GH our and stopped the possible appointment of McLaren, he'll want to make sure he doesn't let the fans win again. We are of course, simple men of the terracex.

Which means we can only try but force him out.

I reckon appointing someone like Mark Hughes would give the club a massive lift. The players seem rudderless and completely unmotivated EVERY game. The fanbase are deeply unhappy. McLeish's football is some of the worst to ever grace the league. Hughes is currently unemployed, and we know he's decent. He's gettable too. He would be treated like the messiah if Randy went out and appointed him now.

Â