1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when he was hired, i said i'd give him at least half a season before judging him.

things aren't looking too great, but not really bad either, but either way i'll wait till Jan before passing judgement.

I was gonna jump in, but then read this and have to agree....

However he has to have a miraculous turn around in the next 4weeks for it to be anything but a big No!

It would have to be a road to damascus type of conversion.

What we have seen so far is how he always managed .

not necessarily.

we've spent most of the season in 8th, we are currently 9th.

If we are 8th in Jan, i would have to vote to keep AMC till the end of the season at least.

now if the question was should we have hired him in the first place, that answer would be a definite NO. but now we have him, the question changes...

24 games still to go. The guy should be given a full season. Wouldn't be nice to see him hounded out before being given a respectable amount of time in charge, like Roy Hodgson was at Liverpool.

And look at Liverpool now!

The position in table belies the gravity of the situation - for now

but:-

a reputation for negative football - which seems to have followed him to VP

A terrible record of PL wins

2 relegation's in 3 seasons

no record of unearthing \ signing good players - £14m on Zog \ hutton so far

no record of working well with young players

Most unpopular villa manager I can remember - although personally i disliked houllier more - the mood against mcleish is something i haven't known in 40 years of following villa.

Although logic suggests AM will remain - i wouldn't totally rule out some arrangement being made.

And look at Liverpool now!

And Hodgson left one month shy of a year ago. It's all academic now, but no one can say for sure that he wouldn't have turned it around in the longer term.

Making your original point null and void.

It's not always the case that the fans know best, but in the case of McLeish all the doom-mongering that greeted his appointment is proving to be thoroughly justified. The main problem that I (and many others) had with him was that he'd bring with him the dire football he had Birmingham playing, and this is precisely what he's done. The other fear was his knack for relegation & I think in a month or so, we will find ourselves looking nervously at the table.

There's just nothing to be positive about in this team as it has been playing this season. He's sapped all the hope out of the fanbase. Negativity on the pitch breeds negativity off the pitch and they just feed off each other. We're in a deceptive position in the league - 8th, but as close to bottom as 7th. Maybe he's not wholly to blame, with the squad being as it was when he was hired, but it just seems like a downward spiral which I don't see a way out of while we have a manager that the fanbase are decidedly against.

So yeah, I'd happily see him leave immediately. Unfortunately it's going to be at least another month or so of pain before that becomes even remotely possible.

He did win with Glasgow Rangers?? He won promotion with Birmingham? So having a better team than the rest, surely helped him before. What is wrong now? Was the games this negative when he was at Rangers?

Making your original point null and void.

My point is that McLeish should be given a respectable amount of time in charge, as Hodgson should've been.

Football can't wait for something that might happen. Football is about now. 3 months time we might be lacking confidence, be down the bottom with nobody wanting to sign and with a manager who has no idea in charge.

Football can't wait for something that might happen. Football is about now. 3 months time we might be lacking confidence, be down the bottom with nobody wanting to sign and with a manager who has no idea in charge.

League football is about waiting for something to unfold over a longish period of time, relative to knock-out competitions. In any case, you have to show some faith and solidity in your decisions, once you've made them. McLeish was appointed and I think it would panic stations to get rid of him with so many games still to go.

League football is about waiting for something to unfold over a longish period of time, relative to knock-out competitions. In any case, you have to show some faith and solidity in your decisions, once you've made them. McLeish was appointed and I think it would panic stations to get rid of him with so many games still to go.

We'll just have to differ on this one.

Yeah, because we're certainly picking up points aint we?

He speaks bullshit, his tactics are crap, he's negative, boring. Get rid of him now.

But as I said last week Lerner has no balls "he agrees with our shared future, youth". Aye, of course he does. He couldn't believe his luck he was offered another job in the Premier League.

Â