1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holding my hands up - didnt want him from the start... didn't give him a chance.. would nevertheless of been happy to be proven wrong.. regretably haven't.... Also didn't want Houllier... similar story.... did want O'Neill - got pissed off when 'fans' maligned him......
100% that. Could never support another though (especially not spuds) which is probably the reason why I am so pissed off

ha! I did then post the supporting spurs bit was a joke... am still depressed... may just go cry in another glass of wine... this on top of a shitty season for Maclaren is just too much for me to take..

We had agent Ridgewell and agent Gardner that did us a great service

Arguable sha have the greatest double agent of all. How they have got their own back and we actually paid compo to get him

Ludicrous decision

when he was hired, i said i'd give him at least half a season before judging him.

things aren't looking too great, but not really bad either, but either way i'll wait till Jan before passing judgement.

I was gonna jump in, but then read this and have to agree....

However he has to have a miraculous turn around in the next 4weeks for it to be anything but a big No!

No. I don't know anyone who wanted him as our manager. But I was willing to give the guy a chance, but the tripe sureved up against the average teams has been awful, and the utter utter tripe served up against Spurs, Citeh and Manure.

We've been embarrassingly outplayed in 7 of the 14 games we've played, have the second lowest pass success rate and goal attempts. With all that, this type of football and tackticks will ruin our young players.

"You can play that kind of football at Birmingham, but not at a club like Aston Villa" - John Barnes

He is a genius; he's managed to manage a football team into literally not playing football.

Its the first time I've ever seen anything like it, he's a visionary. I actually believe he's making an artistic statement about the irrelevance of sport in the wider scheme of the cosmos by participating in a sport, but not actually playing the sport. Incredible. Mind-blowing. Genius.

:lol:

Football is **** anyway so maybe we should just watch this masterpiece of art and try to enjoy it for what it is from one of the most revolutionary thinkers of our time.

Plato - Aristotle - Da Vinci - Einstein - McLeish

He is a genius; he's managed to manage a football team into literally not playing football.

Its the first time I've ever seen anything like it, he's a visionary. I actually believe he's making an artistic statement about the irrelevance of sport in the wider scheme of the cosmos by participating in a sport, but not actually playing the sport. Incredible. Mind-blowing. Genius.

Football is **** anyway so maybe we should just watch this masterpiece of art and try to enjoy it for what it is from one of the most revolutionary thinkers of our time.

Plato - Aristotle - Da Vinci - Einstein - McLeish

We're consistently terrible under McLiesh, even in some of the games we get results. This is perhaps the worst football I've seen down Villa Park. Strange thing is, we seem to be getting progressively worse with each game, like the more influence the manager is having on the players with his ways, the poorer we are becoming.

Get out our club!

when he was hired, i said i'd give him at least half a season before judging him.

things aren't looking too great, but not really bad either, but either way i'll wait till Jan before passing judgement.

I was gonna jump in, but then read this and have to agree....

However he has to have a miraculous turn around in the next 4weeks for it to be anything but a big No!

It would have to be a road to damascus type of conversion.

What we have seen so far is how he always managed .

No.

An idiotic appointment reaps what it sowed. We're bad. He's made us awful.

Not going anywhere though, he won't be sacked. It took the worlds most convenient heart trouble to rid us of the last failure, and I don't think McLeish has any major ailments.

The fans can, however, go somewhere. And on that showing, and with the economic troubles, I couldn't say I'd blame anyone that decided they've better things to do with their cash and their time at the moment.

Astounding choice of manager in the first place

Everything that has happened since makes peoples initial 'knee jerk' reaction at the time seem like prophetic wisdom

It seemed doomed from day one and has got worse

My initial thoughts were 'Jesus no, but I will give him a chance'

Get this clown the **** out of our club before too much damage is done.

I've added a poll. He's not just got to go, he should never have been appointed in the first place. The least inspiring appointment in my time as a Villa fan. If any other club had appointed him I'd have laughed. Limited at best, a Jonah at worst. Nowhere near fit to grace a dugout that has seen the likes of Taylor, Atkinson and Saunders.

Even the appointment of O'Leary (however it ended up) was more ambitious and exciting than this talentless cretin.

Â