McLeish - Yes / No / Unsure

Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

I was always going to give him a chance, and basically he's shown nothing. Fair enough we lost some quality in the summer but we have no ambition to play football, when the likes of Norwich, Swansea and QPR are doing it with weaker players.

I find it ironic that last season we apparently surrendered a lot, probably due to the stereotyping of our manager. Because this season we're surrendering to a lot of sides before the ref even blows the whistle. Especially when you compare todays team and performance to last year, when we actually took the game to Man Utd.

Today we were beaten in the mind from the word go and our management seemed happy enough for us to all come and watch Man Utd play.

We're an embarrassment, I'm all for giving managers time, I supported Houllier for a long time last season as I could see some different ideas.

With McLeish I see nothing but boring football and mediocrity.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I maintain we should have been looking to attract a younger better manager at the start of the season because I never felt we could attract Ancelotti here. Admittedly my first choice of Lambert seemingly isn't an option (because of the MON fiasco) but sense if we were going to sell the stars then should have been looking to attract someone who could work with the younger lads and bring them through. Someone like Slaven Bilic or really gambling on someone like Westley at Stevenage (because lets face it our previous managers from lower league: Little & Gregory weren't tood bad!)

Given where we are now I think we needs Hughes ASAP but sense Randy doesn't have the balls and come May we are going to be in trouble

No - I was prepared to give him a chance - but were a very defensive side - that doesn't keep many clean sheets. The bloke on ESPN was saying needs time to bring his own players in. Well Hutton, Zog, Jenas - i don't want to see to many more of those ......plus look at the dross he signed at blues.

problem i don't want another lerner picked manger either.

No No No No! The worse manager we probably could have possibly got. I was fuming watching that post match information with him trying to put gloss on that terrible performance today. I don't think the players have faith in his tactics either. Actually does he have any tactics? Get him out now. Kevin MacDonald for the next month.

He is a genius; he's managed to manage a football team into literally not playing football.

Its the first time I've ever seen anything like it, he's a visionary. I actually believe he's making an artistic statement about the irrelevance of sport in the wider scheme of the cosmos by participating in a sport, but not actually playing the sport. Incredible. Mind-blowing. Genius.

He is a genius; he's managed to manage a football team into literally not playing football.

Its the first time I've ever seen anything like it, he's a visionary. I actually believe he's making an artistic statement about the irrelevance of sport in the wider scheme of the cosmos by participating in a sport, but not actually playing the sport. Incredible. Mind-blowing. Genius.

LOL

You are disturbingly right!

holding my hands up - didnt want him from the start... didn't give him a chance.. would nevertheless of been happy to be proven wrong.. regretably haven't.... Also didn't want Houllier... similar story.... did want O'Neill - got pissed off when 'fans' maligned him... think I may just toddle off and support Spurs...

holding my hands up - didnt want him from the start... didn't give him a chance.. would nevertheless of been happy to be proven wrong.. regretably haven't.... Also didn't want Houllier... similar story.... did want O'Neill - got pissed off when 'fans' maligned him......
100% that. Could never support another though (especially not spuds) which is probably the reason why I am so pissed off

Â