1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only myth shattered there is that he's "a decent bloke".

FuckOff.jpg

We are what we are, as the first half of todays game demonstrated perfectly.

Unfortunately, he'll pick the side he thinks will best deal with Liverpool, not the side that best reflects Aston Villa.....the club, the team.

There's still a couple of issues I had with AM today.

1. He doesn't bother taking off Petrov despite tiring out around 60th min. Once he loses energy we look out of shape and resort to playing deep/hoofing the ball more than we should. Bringing on Bannan for him would have made us still have an offensive unit.

2. He brings on Heskey for Bent when it could have been Delfouneso or Weimann. Heskey isn't going to get us any goals in a hurry and will normally give the ball straight to the opposition by falling over or his terrible first touch. Give one of the kids a shot and kill the game properly. We've been in situations before where we're 'hanging on' that could easily backfire such as the games at QPR and Sunderland.

I was impressed with the first half despite the dodgy first 15 mins. AM should note we have good attacking players and realise a solid offense is the best defence. I don't wanna see us resorting back to our old ways against Liverpool.

Re Bent was was bloody annoyed he subbed him in the first place. The guy is lacking confidence and going through a lean spell (for him !).

We are playing the bottom of the league side - and we have three very tough fixtures coming up.

Does he stick with him, give him the "keep it going son, it'll come" - does he eck (pardon the pun).

Bent must be gutted, and I dont think he will take much more of it.

Have you seen Fergusun subbing Rooney when he went 9 games without scoring.

Maybe our Alex could send another letter telling our manager how you man manage quality players !

Re Bent was was bloody annoyed he subbed him in the first place. The guy is lacking confidence and going through a lean spell (for him !).

We are playing the bottom of the league side - and we have three very tough fixtures coming up.

Does he stick with him, give him the "keep it going son, it'll come" - does he eck (pardon the pun).

Bent must be gutted, and I dont think he will take much more of it.

Have you seen Fergusun subbing Rooney when he went 9 games without scoring.

Maybe our Alex could send another letter telling our manager how you man manage quality players !

There was no need to take Bent off. Yeah he missed a couple but he was getting into scoring positions.

Bringing on Heskey was suicidal. If Bolton had got back to 2-2 there is then no way we could have gone and won it 3-2 with Heskey on.

McCleish still needs to go asap. Against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea we will revert back to our usual 8-1-1 formation and looking at the way Stoke started against Spurs I dont give us much of a hope there. Infcat Stoke have won their last 3

Â