Martin O'Neill

maqroll

The test will come when O'Neill goes back to his chairman and asks for the same expenditure next season when there are some of his buys still not being used.

The things is that this happens at lots of clubs. The difference is when the managers at rich clubs do it, they get given more money, have more success and people go on about how great they are. When a manager like MON does it and gets told there is no more to spend, fans see it as him taking the club as far as he could. But look at how many players Cheslea bought and hardly used under Mourinho or City under Mancinni. SAF has blown big fees and not really used players plenty of times.

Rafa Benitez has to be the best example of this, as he paid big money for shit lots of times. When the Liverpool board couldn't give him anymore, he simply couldn't live with the likes of MON or Redknapp. Yet Liverpool fans feel sorry for him and still rate him.

I think the truth is that football is about money and managers are often over rated.

I think the truth is that football is about money and managers are often over rated.

I'm not sure I can agree with that. Obviously money is a hugely significant factor but I don't think you can understate the importance of a good coach. I think that Lambert will prove that. Liverpool spent £100m in a short spell under Kenny Dalglish and look where that got them.

he has not done as well as he did with us when he first started

i think mons losing his touch. i think we have a young mon in the making in lambert (and he hasnt almost bankrupted a club like mon does)

Lambert is like MON without the ego.

he has not done as well as he did with us when he first started

i think mons losing his touch. i think we have a young mon in the making in lambert (and he hasnt almost bankrupted a club like mon does)

Lambert is like MON without the ego.

I suspect that Lambert has got a massive ego, you just haven’t seen it in the way MON shows it. And to be honest if we do well, does it matter?

It's exactly the same type of signing all the ones he made for us were... decent players, all made sense, but overpriced and on higher wages than they're really worth.

Fletcher is a good signing, and 3 goals from 2 games is a great start.. but will he keep this up all season? You'd expect a 15m player to do so.

Â