Martin O'Neill

maqroll

If MON wins this he'll have 4 victories under his belt already. He's only been in 3 weeks and without a pre season. Our manager on the other hand has only 5 wins with a pre season and a solid squad.

There's just too much difference in quality. Sunderland will finish above us for the remaining future until something drastic happens from top to bottom.

Anyhoo, for those bored enough to read it here's my breakdown of MON's transfer activity:

Nigel Reo-Coker (West Ham £8.5m) Nobody divides opinion quite like Reo, as club captain he led West Ham through Promotion to the FA Cup final and for all purposes it looked like a soliddeal but Reo and MON were constantly at war with one another. Still he played over a hundred times for Villa so certainly he can't be labelled a flop.

Nicky Shorey (Reading, £4m) Garbage

Fabian Delph (Leeds United £6m) Jury still out Delph remember suffered a near career ending knee injury. He may still come good but I wouldn't rate this as a poor signing, time will tell.

Stephen Warnock (£6m) Good player playing well this season, Houllier didn't like him for whatever childish reason but it's hard to know if MON would have gotten the best out of him had he stayed. the transfer fee includes the England International surcharge

I can't see how you can say NRC wasn't a total flop. When you compare the price we paid of him to the likes of Young, Downing and Milner we got totally ripped off.

Warnock was £8m btw which was far too much for such an inconsistent player. An example of MON's biggest problem which was not looking abroad.

Delph I don't think will come good mainly due to his injury, he's lost all confidence, at the time it looked a promising signing. I can't blame MON for that.

Also to be fair we did recoup a bit of the Shorey money back and I don't think he's that bad, he was just as inconsistent as Warnock imo but Warnock is a bit better.

I can't see how you can say NRC wasn't a total flop. When you compare the price we paid of him to the likes of Young, Downing and Milner we got totally ripped off.

I'd guess Reo Coker would be worth around 3 - 5mill. Had he not been out of contract we could have got around half what we paid for him back and he then perhaps wouldn't have seemed such a flop. We certainly paid slightly over the odds for him but he was at the time only just 23, West Ham captain, ex England Under 21 Captain and on the verge of the full squad.

Agreed! Amazing we paid people to tell us to get Mcleish and then paid compensation to get him!

Meanwhile O'Neill has four wins already at Sunderland.

Thanks for the updates on his win loss record. Really informative.

as i said only beating teams Houllier did. Nothing special yet

13 points from 6 games. Didn't they have 11 from their previous 14 games?

He's been successful everywhere he's gone and he'll again take an average Sunderland side and put them at 7th-10th which considering they way they started and quality in squad, is impressive.

Again, outside a fluke win at Man City, they've beaten teams around them or expected to get relegated like Blackburn and Wigan. Judge his performance at the end of the season, using each win to score points is really trite. MON's left, get over it.

as i said only beating teams Houllier did. Nothing special yet

13 points from 6 games. Didn't they have 11 from their previous 14 games?

He's been successful everywhere he's gone and he'll again take an average Sunderland side and put them at 7th-10th which considering they way they started and quality in squad, is impressive.

Sunderland fans will certainly enjoy his time there.

MON: 6 games played: 4 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss = 13 points (2 top 6 teams)

McLeish: 6 games played: 1 win, 5 draws = 8 points (0 top 6 teams)

This is the difference now. Some Villa fans (not all) have SHA mindset thinking 5 draws out of 6 was like the **** best thing ever. I remember it clear as day. I warned them the draws wouldn't do much good long term and look at the table now. **** shocking. 2 promotional teams are above us.

Where as Sunderland fans have gone above standards and they'll expect them to take anyone on their day. We? **** hell.

Â