Martin O'Neill

maqroll

I just don't get how you can see O'Neill as mediocre, lucky to get Sunderland manager etc...

he did an excellent job here, even if he left in an extremely poor way. I'd kill to have someone of his quality as our manager these days.

I don't rate him, and everyone has different opinions you know.

I think with the funding he had he did an ok job here, although his legacy leaves much to be desired.

Personally I think MON is somewhat overrated on here due to the decline we've experienced over the past 18 months. Many people point to O'Neill's absence as the cause of that, but I don't agree at all.

He did a brilliant job, was brilliant for Aston Villa and I wish he was still here

The club has been in a flat tailspin since he left

He was good but he did have his faults.

But yes the board have blundered big time from bad decision to bad decision.

Faulkner's rise seems to run parallel to a lot of it as well

I don't think MON would be doing all that great a job either without Young, Milner and Downing. Let's not forget that McLeish has had to sell far more than he's been able to buy in his time at Villa - and that's MON's fault.

I don't think MON would be doing all that great a job either without Young, Milner and Downing. Let's not forget that McLeish has had to sell far more than he's been able to buy in his time at Villa - and that's MON's fault.

It's the board's fault. I still don't understand how they let the wages get into such a state and the club is suffering because of that. Did MON sign too many squad player on big wages? Yes of course, but the club is a shambles if no-one was able to recognise this as it was happening. As for those 3 players those are all players he signed and we sold for a big profit, hardly something to criticise him for.

It's the board's fault. I still don't understand how they let the wages get into such a state and the club is suffering because of that. Did MON sign too many squad player on big wages? Yes of course, but the club is a shambles if no-one was able to recognise this as it was happening. As for those 3 players those are all players he signed and we sold for a big profit, hardly something to criticise him for.

^^^

Exactly .

I still dnno how or why some ppl don't simply acknowledge this.

Â