Martin O'Neill

maqroll

On 19/01/2019 at 15:06, Zatman said:

dropped all the Portuguese players and gone to a good old fashioned 4-4-2

you cant make it up

I was wondering what he'd do with them. In fairness someone like Gil Dias wasn't making the squad in recent weeks so that wasn't much of an issue. Thought Carvalho was excellent v us in number 10 position. It's been a major surprise to me how much Forest have tailed off since the 5-5. They looked as good as leeds going forward that night.

It's also another surreal moment for Joe Lolley isn't it? He was 14-15 when MON was here so imagine loved that period as much as everyone else and sad/annoyed when he left abruptly so must be strange for him now to be working under him.

I'm really going to savour him failing yet again but sadly due to his propensity to take legal action and his myriad of friends in the media his ineptitude won't be exposed. Much like Steve Bruce it will some one else's fault. 

Edited by villa89

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As the Bruce and Sherwood threads are riding high, thought it’s only fair to bump O’Neill’s thread. 

It’s been a fairly mixed bag so far at Forest. Won 5 Drawn 3 Lost 5 - it sounds like some discontent is already creeping in among a few Forest fans. 

I’m not sure what the remit was, play offs I assume. Forest were 9th before he took over, they’re currently still 9th. 

The owners don’t tend to hang around if they’re not happy, especially if there’s the likes of Jokanovic and Wagner available. I wonder if there’s any possibility of MON retiring on his own terms rather than ending his career being given the boot by the club where he enjoyed his most successful playing days (I am admittedly making the assumption that this would be his final job).

42 minutes ago, sne said:

Clocking in at an impressive 1.28 ppg average during his 14 games at charge of Nottingham so far.

Delighted but not surprised to see him flop. The only downside is poor Joe lolley has to play for this clown and his moron sidekick Roy Keane. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Delighted but not surprised to see him flop. The only downside is poor Joe lolley has to play for this clown and his moron sidekick Roy Keane. 

They have thrown the kitchen sink at it I understand so they may have to sell Lolley in a firesale like we were looking close to with Jack, maybe we can pick him up on the cheap. 

Â