Going up t'German Market tonight

Dante_Lockhart

Hmmmm. Well Choffer, I am American, so there is a good chance I can handle the food situation *famous last words*. But Wiggy, while your description is both graphic and a delight, I hate mushrooms. I'm sorry.

But Wiggy, while your description is both graphic and a delight, I hate mushrooms. I'm sorry.

BURN THE WITCH!

:lol:

Sorry guys, I just really hate mushrooms.

I'm loving the deep fried cheese stand, my belly is not however.

Top of the list is the deep fried camembert with chorizo and the jalepeno brie!

That sounds amazing!!!!!!!!

I'm going tomorrow when I get down to Brum before the match with a mate who goes to uni there. Not been to the Leeds one yet, can't hold out much hope really having lived over in Germany and had the real thing (which are brilliant) #scrooge

Make your own.

Lidl and Aldi.

Invite people. Charge 4.50 for a can of pisstenbürger and laugh gleefully as they scoff down a 5squid authentic Bratwürst.

Knock together a cheap alpine shed from B&Q and sell crappily made wooden xmas decorations.

Bob is indeed your uncle.

Wait a minute... that's the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say. :shock:

As I work in one of those fine (ahem) supermarkets I can tell you that the stall owners buy loads of their stock from us and then sell it on at a big profit. Guess that's not that surprising really.

Going on thursday night with a few mates if any VTers fancy a pint? although not sure if Ill be able to afford a pint after the rip off that is ze german market. Chocolate covered fruit, candied cashews and mulled wine!!!!

I went to the Christmas market in Nuremberg last week. I can't go to the ones in this country. Having lived in Germany I'm a German market snob these days. It's just waaaaay better to see the real thing. And cheaper.

Just for you - it's interactive (ish) :)

Looks marvellous.

Gibt's auch ein Webcam

If you ever get the chance to go it'll blow your mind. The ones in the UK are just as fake and commercial as the rest of Christmas these days.

I went to the Christmas market in Nuremberg last week. I can't go to the ones in this country. Having lived in Germany I'm a German market snob these days. It's just waaaaay better to see the real thing. And cheaper.

christkindlesmarkt.jpg

Having lived there myself aswell, I see what you mean. The Christmas markets over there are so much better than they are over here.

With family still living over there I'm lucky enough to be able to visit over Christmas and will be doing so this year. I'll probably go to one of my favourite ones (the market in Koln), amongst others. I think I may be visiting the Bruges Christmas market this year too.

christkindlesmarkt.jpg

Agree Rob, I was at the Munich one this weekend.

Â