Redundancy (Sanity) Advice

AVFCLaura

Can't believe how busy you have to be. How can you not just relax for a short time, long days in bed, watching TV, movies, enjoy the very small time off for even just a week! Come on!

Well, I'm an on the go kind of person anyway but also, it's a different mindset when you don't have a job IMO.

When you are employed and you take a day off, you can relax and do whatever tickles your fancy. But there's an impending sense of responsibility to find a job when unemployed. I want to have a job, to earn money, to progress my career and to keep my redundancy money to use for things better than just living off of.

I don't personally like spending a whole day in the house, I can't ever stay in bed past 7am, 8am at the very latest and after 1 day of staying in the house I already feel stir crazy and a bit trapped.

Perhaps I am letting the stress get to me and I do need to chill out but I also do think it's important that I don't start to slack on a routine or job searching.

What do you do?

Office Management / Training & Development / Customer Service / Administration / Entry Level HR / PA - anything like that.

I'm a pretty handy organizer and have all round project management skills. High level of computer literacy, qualifications in ICT and Business.

Jaguar Landrover are hiring shit loads of people for all of their sites from production operatives to HR, engineering, finance etc.

They pay well and best of all you'd get to hang out with me and Stevo 8)

:thumb:

I think she'd fit right in too...

perhaps you can inform me then why the Evoque is so cheap but so awesome?

from what £25k?

what did they compromise to produce a luxury range rover at that price

It's made from paper

We're both based at Gaydon

Glad you never said you worked at Gaydon, extended breaks and all that winding down in the canteen on a Friday............ :lol:

how did you know that? :suspect::D

Not for long!

Can't believe how busy you have to be. How can you not just relax for a short time, long days in bed, watching TV, movies, enjoy the very small time off for even just a week! Come on!

No way, daytime TV is a slippery slope

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is from a while ago but though i would use it instead of creating a new one as i am in a similar situation. I have been a teacher for the last two years working on a maternity contract. This contract runs out in July and i need a new job but do not particularly want to stay in teaching.

Is anyone or has anyone been a teacher or have any insight in what teacher can do if not teaching?

I know its quite subjective but any ideas would be useful. I have been applying for graduate schemes but im not really a graduate anymore. When is best to start properly looking as well? May?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

When I first moved to Australia ( at age 49 ) I would look in the paper for jobs that interested me then I would go along to the place concerned and ask to see the personal manager.I would then try to convince him that he needed me ( of corse I took along references and CV etc ) It took me 2 weeks to get a job.In those 2 weeks I spent my time going for walks,watching TV,playing games on my PC and reading books and magazines.

My job finishes at the end of April due to Civil Service cuts. For some reason they are replacing 18 of us that are on fixed term contracts with people that are on permanent contracts.

To a degree I can understand the logic, although I'm not happy with the fact that they were offered posts elsewhere and refused. This means that they now get to replace us. I'm also being replaced by a 19 year old with less experience and less qualifications. There I was thinking that companies wanted to keep the better workers...

Â